T.R. Knight Outs the Haters

5/11/2007 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TR Knight"Grey's Anatomy" star T.R. Knight reveals that not everyone was pleased with his decision to come out. Paging Isaiah Washington!

In a new interview in The Advocate, reports People magazine, Knight recounts how many friends were "beautifully supportive," while others warned him not to come out. Haters! "Don't do it now," they advised, afraid it might jeopardize his career. But, says Knight, "I could have not [spoken up]. I could have retreated. But I'm definitely happy I made the decision."

Knight was moved to publicly come out after fellow castmate Isaiah "McMeany" Washington was caught making homophobic slurs on set. Lovely. Washington has since attended gay-slur "rehab" for his comments, and relations on the set seem to have simmered down. Can you say ABC gag order?!

Knight first came out to People last October, saying "I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me."

lazydaz

TR is a cutie and an OK actor but definitely not beleivable in a male/female relationship role. I never thought one way or another as to his sexual orientation prior to his coming out but it all makes sense now. His role was much better at the beginning of the show as I felt he was dealing with his sexuality. He and Ramirez have absolutely no chemistry and is a yawn story line and he a Heigl are almost laughable a a couple. Let him be gay, find him a BF on the show and let's move on...............

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

You're so cute, you do anything you want to, baby.

c

Yaaawwwwnnnn

aSiF

WoW!

Erin

He's gay? So what? This is news?

midus

I personally think he is adorable,and a great actor. So what ever his personal life is,is his personal life.....
Love ya Dude

Marty Columbus OHIO

PARIS HILTON NEEDS OUR LOVE AND SUPPORT......

LETS ALL GATHER HANDS AND PRAY!

C'MON WHOSE WITH ME !

HELLO KRISTEN IN COLUMBUS OHIO!!

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

What Paris needs is a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking, IMHO.

JEWISH PRINCESS

I love T.R. Knight on Grey's. He's such a cutie! Who cares which way his door swings? He isn't hurting anybody. I guess he know who his real friends are.
As for Paris, can we PLEEEEEASE go 1 day without any mention of her??

Caroline

Much love to TR! Now if only Michelle Rodriguez would follow in his footsteps

Nico Sneako

Ok we get your gay now can you shut the hell up about it???

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

What people do behind closed doors is no one else's business.

This is a sweet, sensitive and caring young adult, who is an incredible actor. That is ALL anyone should be worrying about.

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

Someone is using my screen name. I think TR Knight is great on Grey's Anatomy and can't imagine the show without him. His scenes with Izzy are great and really capture the emotion and passion. Whether he is gay is not the point, as he's a terrific actor!
How can you not love George :)

cat

Who cares?

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

Many people care about him since we're big fans.

If you meant "who cares" that he's gay. I don't. Think he's great!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments