Bobby Brown Sues Whitney Houston

5/12/2007 9:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Don't be cruel! Bobby Brown filed a lawsuit against ex-wife Whitney Houston to change the terms of custody of their teen daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

In court documents filed in Orange County yesterday, Brown explains that he was just too screwed up after the breakup to properly handle a custody battle. "After Whitney and I separated, I had nowhere to go and very little money to live on. I was, for all intents and purposes, homeless." That's why he failed to respond to Whitney's petition for custody in time, and why she was ultimately deemed the primary parent.

In Brown's court filings yesterday, he begged the courts to reconsider, saying that, "I believe I have a wonderful relationship with my daughter Bobbi Kris -- a relationship that I would like to see strengthen and grow." That's his prerogative!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Baby Grl

Bobby just said he had little to take of himself, so how is he going to sue to for custody. Any judge in there right mind would not award him custody of his daughter. He should on;y be awarded visitation rights and be happy with that. Get your life straight first Bobby before you try and take of someone eles. I really don't see how Whitney lasted this long. I say it's about time she woke up and moved on. KUDOS for Whitney & Bobbie Kristina.

2007

All I have to say about him having very little money to live on and then is looking to try and raise a child that he cant support? He cant support the other kids he has. This is just a sickning case!

Greg

I get so tired of reading these responses to these stories and reading people call celebrities pathetic and so quick to judge them...i really would like to look into YOUR life and see what people would call pathetic...people are so ready to put someone else down...THAT is what is pathetic about our society...look in the mirror before you judge someone else

no more celeb moms

Yes, and the way he supports his other children are a fine example of his parenting. His daughter is old enough to determine if she wants a relationship with him. Leave her with her mother. (and before all of the father's rights bash me I believe in father's rights, just not this father. When my parents divorced I chose to live with my father, and never regretted it.)

Ashley

I also chose to live with my father in my parents' divorce. I was a little older than Bobbi Kristina at the time, and I think I made the best choice for myself. If my father had been anything like Bobby Brown, the choice would have been obvious. He can't support his other kids, so what's the difference between them and Bobbi Kristina? Come on, it's obvious this is just a publicitiy stint and a last-ditch effort to get the last of Whitney's money. He needs to grow up.

Jean

Given both of their drug use and abuse histories and their volatile personalities - she's likely better off in state care.

Reality

They are both pathetic. They have already destroyed each other now they want to involve their innocent daughter in their crazy problems. PATHETIC!!!!

Michelle

Why can't he just have a close relationship with her, father her, and leave it at that? He has not proven to be a responsible parent in the past. Why was a grown man without a home or money without his wife? Doesn't he work? Doesn't he have any family or friends? Too much of his money has gone to drugs and bailing him out of jail in the past...he needs to prove he is now responsible enough for custody.

mary

So his excuse is he is a homeless broke crackhead? BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah he deserves his daughter. He cant take care of himself let alone his daughter. I bet he wants custody for the child support.

yoda

Another example of a wonderful family raised on drugs. Great job guys - way to throw your lives down the toilet! Woo-hoo!

Denise

He wants partial custody so he can have money from Whitnety because the child would need the live with her creature comforts she has gotten used to. A nice home in a nice neighborhood it is all a way to get $$$'s

Seriously

Losers, both of them. Their daughter should be with
Whitney's mother or Dionne Warwick instead of those coke heads.

Ashley

I don't see Whitney as doing this to use her daughter at all. She's the one who wanted to child support or spousal support. She's the one that took her daughter out of there when she put herself into rehab. She made a mother's decision, and I think it was best to take her out of there when she did, because who knows what could have happened? Whitney's made her share of mistakes, I'm sure, but at least she got help for her problems!

A

Bobby Brown makes me sick. I agree with Janice. Bobby Brown is a grown non-disabled man. There is no excuse for him being out of job or being homeless. He had a great career going at one time, but he loved drugs more. Whitney is not much better. I hope she is on her way to recovery. It's a shame someone with her talent just went and wasted her life like this.

ops

WHITNEY HUSTON IS NO ANGLE-THE BITCH IS JUST AS GHETTO AN THEY COME-AND POOR BOBBY HE DON'T HAVE A CLUE THAT HE HAD MARRY A DRUG ADDICT AND OLD ON TOP OF THAT. I HOPE BOBBIE KRISTINA CHOOSE BOBBY(HER DADDY) BECAUSE GIRL NEEDS THEIR DADDY.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments