Hilton's Shrink: Paris is a Wreck

5/15/2007 12:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonParis Hilton's delicate state of mind is keeping her out of the courtroom ... for now.

According to a declaration filed by Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist who has seen Paris "off and on" over the last six months, Hilton is "not capable of any meaningful participation" in a civil trial brought against her by diamond heiress Zeta Graff. In a $10 million lawsuit filed in 2005, Graff claims that Hilton spread "vicious lies" about her that were printed in the New York Post.

Paris' shrink claims that Hilton is "emotionally distraught and traumatized" from the May 4 hearing where she was sentenced to 45 days in jail for breaking probation in her DUI bust, and asked a judge to allow her sufficient time to recover. Paris HiltonIn the document, the head-doc goes on to explain that Hilton "Cannot effectively respond to examination as a witness or provide any significant input into her defense." In fact, Sophy claims that forcing Paris to participate on May 21 would "exacerbate her current mental condition." The horror!

As a result, the judge has postponed the trial date until August 22.

Calls to Hilton's rep were not immediately returned.

Diego

#15

I agree with everything you said. Paris figured she could do what she wanted and mouth off about anything and now she's finding out the price she has to pay for her actions.

Debra

LOOK...THERE IS NO OTHER PERSON ON EARTH WHO WILL BE MORE PROTECTED IN JAIL THAN PARIS WILL BE.... Relax and get this over with...if she had agreed to do the 45 days...she would have probably gotten away with doing a week...but now that she has all this attention... oh...wait a minute...ATTENTION......never mind. She knows exactly what she is doing. Stupid me...duh....!

sosickofthehiltonho

Yeah, right! Whatever!!!!!

Tony B

I'm tired of hearing about this hoe, dont do the crime if you can't do the time u dumb bitch!

Chewi

Why hasn't Perez posted ANYTHING about this???????????

Boycott Paris AND Perez!!!!

no more celeb moms

Give me a break. Enough of Paris already.

MICHELLE

Is this the same Paris that never paid for her storage that contained many personal doduments that were later auctioned off or going to be? I heard health documents included prescriptions for her STD's, eeeeewwwwww! Anyway, handle your business girl.

SlappDaddy

She sure didn't seem distraught and traumatized a few weeks back when she was getting baked at KROQ's inland invasion show, What a Dumb B!tch.

Nance

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS SKANK IN HEELS........she's not mentally able to any DAMNED THING................except act like a Hoe. or is that BE A HOE....:)

TJ

What a spoiled brat. I can't believe she has a single friend or guy that even likes her. There is nothing attractive about her personality...she is a whiny, cry baby without a brain or anything interesting about her.

Finally exposed - shes a wierdo

You gotta be kidding me...

What happened to the statement released by "her" last week, where she owned up to her crimes & was ready to accept punishment for them? I guess that was made up (as we all thought), because little miss cranky pants has fallen back on her "pity me, I'm the victim, I'm SOOO upset" BS excuses. I wonder if she has any idea of how much in disgust the entire world thinks of her right now. I can't think of anyone I know who has positive things to say about her right now. She's done one thing I didn't think was even possible; she's finally shown us what a loser she truly is, and she's managed to torpedo her own image. Let's all cry for poor little paris; BOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! :)

Chewi

#26 - these posts are on here because Paris irritates the hell out of just about EVERYONE. If she behaved like a decent human being, I would venture to guess that most people would understand that she made a serious mistake and might cut her some slack. However, she behaves like a freaking spoiled BABY when she's 26 years old and seems to think she's above the law.

If she showed ANY CLASS AT ALL, EVER - AT ANY GIVEN TIME, I'm confident the world would be more sympathetic toward her plight. But she has done NOTHING aside from act like a little bitch ever since she became famous (for no good reason whatsoever, I might add).

I'm not a mean person, but I don't feel sorry for her. She should be scared to go to jail - but she brought this on ALL ON HER OWN. She needs to take a look in the mirror!!!!

kat

Must be hell to be rich and accountable for your own actions!!!!!!!!!!!

Jody B

Paris is nothing but a spoiled...rotton brat. She has parents that have taught her nothing about responsibilty or respect. They should be court ordered to take Parenting classes...any one else would be in the Family court system and Social Services would be involved. She should get 90 days for all the whining she's doing. Somebody needs to step up and discipline her...her parents arent smart enough to do it. She'll learn a hard lesson behind bars....its about time. She doesnt do anything good for society...Im sick of hearing about her...seeing her...I hope she crawls in a hole after this is all said and done.

REY-noldo

Next thing we'll see is Paris saving a small child from drowning.