McConaughey: Method Actor?

5/22/2007 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey was performing some kind of island ritual while shooting his upcoming movie, "Surfer Dude." Or was he?

McConaughey was spotted at Malibu beach yesterday ... covered in mud, prancing around while carrying a couple of giant palm leaves and strutting like a chicken.

Or as Matt likes to call it "Monday morning."

manorexic!

does this man do anything other than work out????

Kate

Dude is so wasted.

Terry

A trippy kind a dude, but I like that he really doesn't seem to care.
Have to admit (from the outside) does appear to have a lill dash of shroom sprinkles on the cake, a bit puzzled by that.

Regardless, I like his acting ability's. I guess when all is said &
done that's what's most important to me.

Diana

Wow! Interesting... but I like his freedom and his lifestyle.

yoda

He'd probably be a decent guy - if he wasn't so in love with himself.

Like the Seinfeld episode:

"He could've had any woman in the world...but none could match the beauty of his own hand..."

Vegas

Who cares what he's doing, wearing ,acting or just standing there doing absolutely nothing. You got to admit the guy is HOTTTT

jokin' right

That dude is straight-up tripping balls! Matt-call me, we should hang.

jenn

Leave matt alone he is the sexist man alive even if he is a little crazy

lissa_karen

OK the guy is clearly ok some sort of chemical Drugs a little acid maybe???? I thought maybe he was being all "I am a hippie deal with it" but after the falling down in the sand part I am thinking yeah the guy is clearly a drug addict. SO sad someone that hot can get all messed up on crack or somthing.

annab

WILL HIS MOTHER GET TO VISIT HIM ON WEEKENDS WHERE HE IS GOING?

I CAN'T SEE THROUGH MY TEARS. I AM JUST LAUGHING TOO HARD!

Terry

Had to watch this Matt dance video.
Does it appear to you, as it did to me. He turned and almost ran after being only ankle deep in water? Is that part of the this rumored Australian dance? or an actor from Malibu afraid to get wet. I'm sure what ever he was enjoying there was all natural, But down-under, well lets just say they aren't known for their dance routines.

rminva

I know someone that went running naked down the street in the N. Carolina outerbanks in an approaching storm...something about communing w/nature. Of course he had been up drinking all night and doing who knows what else.....

Maybe Matthew has had a similar experience and is looking to commune with the surfing gods...or something like that. He's definitely out there...and I mean OUT there!

Jamie Cason-VanLuven

What the hell has he been SMOKING??? or was it an Acid trip? lol

monkeyboy

the palm tree frond dance is a widely accepted dance in the polynesian islands. matt captured it perfectly. knucklehead.

PogoPimp