Britney: "I Was Like a Bad Kid With ADD"

5/29/2007 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears took to her website again today to reach out to her fans -- and to take veiled shots at her former manager, Larry Rudolph.
Britney Spears
The post tried to explain some of what has been going on lately with Ms. Spears, including rehab, saying, "Recently, I was sent to a very humbling place called rehab. I truly hit rock bottom. Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression. I was like a bad kid running around with ADD." No argument there.

Spears says in the letter that she doesn't want to "place blame on anyone," but then she does, saying at one point, "I had a manager from a long time ago come in and try to direct me and my life after I got my divorce." She also went on to say, "I feel like some of the people in my life made more of some issues than was necessary. I also feel like they knew I was beginning to use my brain for a change and cut some ties, so they wanted to be in more control of my life than me."

That's all well and good, but can she explain the 15-minute lip-sync mini-tour?

C Ya

Exactly what I have been saying from day one! Divorce is a Bitch and if you truely LOVED that person and "thought" they loved you then it is even harder on you!!! Sometimes we have to go out and go crazy to get it out of our systems.......

in the know

You people have to be the most vicious, hateful,moronic human beings. One day you bash her, the next day you love her. Make up you own uneducated minds. She is in the public eye and feels it is necessary to post on her blog just like every other celebrity does. She was naive and was probably used by alot of people including her own family. She is correct, she never was seen out prior to her divorce. She spent her entire childhood and teenage years performing and traveling. She never experienced what it was like to have a close friend who did not want something from her. She has come a long way since rehab. She is at least trying. Instead of giving her the benefit of doubt, you angry bitter people, just can't wait for her to screw up so you can spend your day posting hate filled comments about her. If she never did another thing in her life, she still has obtained more fame, success and money than you ever will. So blast away you bunch of uneducated ,unemployed losers!!!

tba

" I also feel like they knew I was beginning to use my brain for a change"

Is that a scary statement or what? If she's using her brain now....what's instore for the future?

tba

Hey "in the know"
We read you the first time you idiot

brittney, if by some remote chance you are reading this...keep yourself and children a priority.it isnt enough to want everything to be okay,you have to make things okay and i dont think you have neither the privacy nor space to do so...get out of town for some r&r,trust only yourself and you will then have only yourself to answer to. i think tha paps and your inner circle have done a #on you and in turn you ran amok...okay that was then this is now....be in the now,live the moment and stop trying to please a public that is sick and tired of seeing the privelaged few throw it all away...too many people are suffering to be tollerant of todays celeb. so go retreat for awhile and make a come back filled with good will and not some kinda "ill show them"attitude.

tba

Spears is a little quat that refuses to grow up and like many other celebrities, can't take responsibility for her own childish actions. There's little sympathy from someone who had it all and squandered it away. Now, she's lost her talent as evident from her pathetic lip syn charade. She needs to understand, her fans have moved on and grew up. She's still stuck in her teenage years.

Chris

News flash, BS, your'e STILL a bad kid running around with a lot more problems than ADD..sugarcoating everything is the name of your game. We aren't stupid (well, maybe those ten fans that showed up at your last lip-sync fest aren't.) It's all a bunch of..BS. As usual, you're just looking for more attention, any way you can get it. Yawn.

castra regina

I can't believe that she is capable of putting a sentence together. Give the PR man a gold star for effort though.

Bi-Polar Hippie

Swirling.....swirling......swirling down the drain.

Whatareyoudoing?

Grow up. That's it. Try it. You can afford to.

Kat

Good going Britney! You've managed to insult the mothers of children with ADD! Can this girl be any more stupid?!

jackie

I have a son diagnosed with ADD as a freshman in high school. He is NOT a behavioral issue and fulfills his responsibility of being a very good student. He is responsible, hard-working, and a well behaved kid. You, Britney, are an adult. ADD does not cause bad behavior. Having too much too soon does. Your children did not ask to be brought into this world. They deserve to be raised in a loving and caring enviornment by their mother. Not their caretakers. I was a mother at 25. My children came first. End of story. When you make that choice to become a mom, your children's needs come before yours. Get yourself together, and be a good mom. Stay home and raise your family. Don't mess up your kids lives as you have done to yours. THEY are your priority. NOT your career.

Roberta

She went to rehab and she hit rock bottom? What does she call her behavior now? She is a selfish brat who continues to blame others (her father, her mother, her manager) for her own problems. When she owns up to her own wrong doings is when she will start to grow up. Until then, I would not walk across the street to see anyone who can't even sing with her own voice for 15 minutes. She is nothing but a dried up old country bumpkin! And at her age that is a shame. But I think she craves so much attention that she would do anything, including flashing people her nasty, rotten crotch body parts.

Kat

" I also feel like they knew I was beginning to use my brain for a change"

Posted at 12:45PM on May 29th 2007 by TBA

That is very scary. God help those poor boys.

marie

Brtiney, I beg you, please do not make a comeback! Nobody cares or wants to hear your music. Ever heard of being "washed up" or a "had been". Give us all a break, please!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments