Cops:

Paris Under House Arrest

6/7/2007 11:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonParis Hilton has been fitted for ankle bracelet and reassigned to house arrest, after authorities decided to release Hilton from jail due to medical reasons, this according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. spokesperson, Steve Whitmore.

Reporters hammered away about Paris' medical condition during a press conference in front of the jail, where she was released early this morning, but Whitmore said that due to confidentiality laws, he could not discuss even the slightest health-related details.

Paris will be under house confinement in her West Hollywood home for 40 days, where she has a 3000-4000 ft. radius of freedom. Her jail cell was 96 square feet. After the 40 days are up, Whitmore says she will have "fulfilled her debt to society."

Whitmore made it clear that Paris was not released early -- she was reassigned. She is technically still in custody.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Puh der Baer

Right.

Gomers Pyle

Chapell was right. Just look at the TMZ list... Mostly whites. Who
gives a Flyin F$&K about paris hilton anyway? I owed less than $5,000
in child support, was jailed for a full six months, all the while my
wife was suffering from terminal Cancer( the reason I stopped paying
it temporarily). They ( our wonderful justice system) thought it best
that my then 9 year old daughter to be the primary care giver for her.
Bull Shootski. My wife dies less than 40 days after I get out. Why
isnt that news?

Dan

Medical reasons are obviously alcohol or drug withdrawals. Otherwise, she would be hospitalized.

Gomers Pyle

Chapell was right. Just look at the TMZ list... Mostly whites. Who
gives a Flyin F$&K about paris hilton anyway? I owed less than $5,000
in child support, was jailed for a full six months, all the while my
wife was suffering from terminal Cancer( the reason I stopped paying
it temporarily). They ( our wonderful justice system) thought it best
that my then 9 year old daughter to be the primary care giver for her.
Bull Shootski. My wife dies less than 40 days after I get out. Why
isnt that news?

R

You have got to be kidding. Wow, I never thought the system would be this blatant.

San

First b*tches!

Einar

What the Hell, put here back in jail

Robert

Health reasons yes....alcohol withdrawal.

Heather

BS!
What a crock!
So, all you have to do to get out of jail is cry a lot, and have your psychiatrist say that you need to be released?
Seriously?!

Puh der Baer

They mean, whoevers house she wants to party at on any given night??? House of Hyde?? Mr. Chow's House??? Maison de Les Deux???

Bill GW Brown

die already!

MaryMac

Gomers-I'm so sorry to hear about your wife.

Paris is a joke. She should be locked up just for being so annoying.

Rex

WTF!!!! That is so bogus!!!

Bored Housewife

What a joke. I could write a thousand comparison stories here as to why this is BS, but it would be a waste of time anyway.

JENNIFER