County Official: Paris "Reassignment" is BS!

6/7/2007 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The decision to allow Paris Hilton to serve the remainder of her time under house arrest is already under heavy fire from L.A. County officials.
Don Knabe and Paris Hilton
In a sharply-worded statement from L.A. County Supervisor Don Knabe, he claims that Paris' "reassignment" is a load of crap: "This incident with Paris Hilton is just the most recent that highlights the problems our criminal justice system has with making sure sentences stick, whether it is in a County jail or under electronic monitoring."

West Coastian

Ya know, I think TMZ is fueling this fire big time. They post the love Paris comments just so the rest of you can get cranked up even more. Tooooo funny.

5Fathoms

I think it is hilarious how everyone gets so worked up over Paris. Perhaps if ya'll were silent it wouldn't be such a big deal. She is still having to wear the ball n' chain at home. It isn't like she will be strutting out on the town any time soon. Nothing will ever be "equal" or "just." Let her be, and let us talk about something else, like Brit Brits hair extensions.

Cindy

Conrad Hilton is rolling over in his grave at the disgrace these "Hiltons" have become. The grandfather, Barron should put a leash on this branch of Hiltons or disown all of their asses. What a wreck!

tlo

Can you say "cleverly orchestrated event"? I bet Paris can. Next person who goes to jail, just don't talk, don't eat and see how fast you can get out. If some ask tell them you are losing it.

I would also bet that as soon as this dies down she will be back at the clubs or shopping. Give it a week. If this were really a "almost nervous breakdown" why isn't she in a mental institution recieving treatment to prevent it?

duke

THANK YOU, Supervisor Knabe! I have appeared many times to speak to the L.A. County Board of Supervisors and I have always been impressed with you, and with Supervisor Michael Antonovich. Thank you for speaking out and taking a stand against such blatant misuse of our judicial system. If women can have babies in jail, if people can die of cancer in jail, Paris should still be there.

a

I detect skanky panky.

j

"But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first."

19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

What the Fu***

I just sent this to the Sheriff on his website...."I hope I get the same treatment as Paris Hilton if I end up in one of your jails. Wait a minute...I'm feeling mentally incapable to complete my sentance, can I go home now?"

Dee

OK MR. KNABE.....LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT BEFORE SHE GETS TO COMFORTABLE AT HOME!!!

LET'S SHOW THIS Ummmmmm COUNTRY OF OURS!!!!

YOU DO THE CRIME >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YOU DOOOOO THE TIME!!!!!

JJ

I'm not surprised...another famous person getting off FREE...her and O.J. Our system is a BIG JOKE!!!!!!

JW

Paris supporters need to be locked in a mental instiution.

Johnny Cotton

I hope there is a huge outcry over this and someone with power finds out who is responsible for letting her out of jail and then making sure they lose their f_king job!

Now is the time for the Govenator to say something about this. Paris fans wanted him to pardon her well now maybe he will put her ass back in jail.

I think every lawyer should be talking to current female inmates and FILE A LAWSUIT so that other female inmates can get out because of "MEDICAL CONDITIONS!" Legally I think there are grounds for other inmates to file lawsuits and get out of jail. A precedence has been set.

Kushy

How many people spend time in jail for a DUI and do every day of it. This proves the justice system is corrupt. Paris got sentenced which I thought was light to begin with because it wasn't the first time driving drunk....then that gets reduced what a joke....also proves if you are rich you can get away with ANYTHING....California should fall into the ocean........Paris you and your your family should be so ashamed. There is no excuse for this other than you had a high dollar laywer shrink. I bet it would have been way different if you had a public defender and lived in the ghetto....

calilife4me

I HOPE HER MOM & DAD ARE HIT & KILLED BY A DRUNK DRIVER.....ANY VOLUTEERS?

Leslie

so how about you stop wasting your time with public statements that are getting nowhere and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!