Rob Lowe: (Dead) Bird Is the Word

6/7/2007 2:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pictured below: Rob Lowe and the goldfinch he killed with a golf shot at the Principal Charity Classic Pro-Am at the Glen Oaks Country Club in Iowa. The goldfinch is their state bird.
Rob Lowe
RIP lil' buddy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

jEnsmo

He looks very heartbroken...what are the chances of hitting a bird, wow.

Brittany

Go Hawkeyes!!!!!

kdub

OMG forget the bird, he has had so much Botox his whole upper face is immobile. Scary.

Little Bit

I understand it is an accident, but to use the poor dead bird as a prop is awful.
Rob obviously has no respect for animals and neither do the people who cheered.

jlmonty

Lucky for him he only got a birdie rather than an eagle. That there is a federal offense, regardless of whether or not its accidental.

Loosen up and enjoy the irony here a little bit. All the PC and crotchety people in this world is what is causing the USA to lose it's edge as the best damn country in the universe.

Harriet

Birds die all of the time and it is clear that this was an accident, however, Rob Lowe seems to be turning it into a joke. Hopefully the joke will be on him. I have trouble understanding why he finds this so funny.

lola

I think it's sick that he is making a joke about this. WHAT AN ASS!

Van

Ever heard of posing with a whopper fish? Do all of you animal lovers use all these dirty words against people who stand with big smiles and cheers beside their catch?

This shot that took out the bird apparently had a 240 million to 1 chance of happening. I'd be surprised if anyone didn't laugh, cheer or be amazed with it.

What I think is horrid is that there are so many insecure people picking on Rob Lowe because of who he is and really not because of that picture. Don't know what he had done 20+ years ago got to do with this. Get over it people. For the next ThanksGiving, make sure your main dish is Tofu.

I'm not a fan but think I'll be watching out for his movies now.

TB

Oh my goodness.
I'm surprised at the reactions here.
I have to agree with Van.
Everyone I talked to today or sites I've been on thought it was
hilarious. And I love animals! But come on.
What were the odds? Oh yeah. 240 million to one.

I thought it was funny Rob!
Keep up all your great efforts for CHARITY except maybe not so much golf.

(And wasn't it a fan that took the photo and asked him to pose for it? He looks great in all
the press photos from the event. I've met and seen the man in person and believe me he's
unbelievably nice and better looking in person if tha'ts possible.
Fortunately my photos turned out better.) ^..^

MrVegas

Wow, some of you REALLY need to relax. Tell me if the responses to this pic do not summarize what's wrong with the world today....blame someone, hold someone accountable, call someone potically incorrect.

Krinda

Total cold-hearted jackass. He kills this innocent little bird as the result of some half-assed sport, and then he poses with a phony "awwwwww" kind of look that just makes him look like an idiot. I am so extremely disappointed in this naive jerk who obviously is incapable of feelings or compassion.

Tarah

Oh my gosh, you are all acting like a bunch of babies. The bird is dead and it was an accident. Death is a part of life, so quit your crying.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7