ADD Is What Ails Paris

6/11/2007 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonTMZ has learned that Paris Hilton suffers from extreme Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and claustrophobia, and these conditions may have triggered the Sheriff's decision to spring her from Lynwood Jail last week.

We're told Hilton is taking Adderall for her ADD. Although our sources were not specific, we're told Hilton was not receiving all of her medications at Lynwood. As a result, Hilton was having severe panic attacks in jail. There were times she was so debilitated, she could not push the panic button in her cell.

As for how she's doing today, she's depressed but not really crying. She has a pencil and a pad of paper and she's spending her time writing down her thoughts. We're also told she's losing weight -- although she's no Nicole Richie.

Babbs

TO: Dave Hale

I wasn't a fan previously either. Will depend on how she is when she gets out if I continue to be. But bottom line is she is being treated unfairly and it is time she is let out!

FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!!

yeah right

Does anyone know the new address to write her?

Cynic

Dear Babbs,
Quadruple posting? What, you didn't think you could express yourself sufficiently just saying it once? We get it, we get it, now shut up already!

Unbelievable

I suffer from A.D.H.D. and certainly do not use it as a crutch. I have experienced panic attacks, none of which killed me or were life threatening. How many people in jail do you think have A.D.D. or A.D.H.D? Probably a lot. That is no excuse for her being released. She can cram herself into the tiny V.I.P area of exclusive clubs surrounded by sewaty drunk people, but cant be in her SOLITARY cell. Give me a break.

Naughty but nice :)

Paris-( Princess Diana) ???????? In Paris's dreams!!!!!!-comparing Diana to Paris is like comparing beautiful roses to rag weed !

Kennedy

PARIS DOES NOT HAVE ADD; SHE SUFFERS FROM STUPIDITY!

Stan

What next? Let them go home if they get hungry? Or are embarassed by the showers and toilets? Or if they really, really miss their Ipod?

tiana

What is wrong with you people. Where is the compassion, not only with Paris but with anyone who is having problems. I am so glad this is almost over. Hang in Paris, there are people out here who really care about you.

SANDY

omg!!! That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard!!!! if ADD and Claustrophobia are the reason for her leaving jail then i say they let all inmates with such illness out!!! Paris needs to face her mistakes and serve her sentence and get over it. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone pays for it. Why should she be any special?????

sherry

Sure has no problem focusing on weiners!

I call bullshit

they are using ADD as the excuse for cocaine withdrawal? That is hilarious!!!!!!!!

Trysh Jefferson

First, they need to make up their mind what this child has wrong with her. Maybe because spoiled, selfish and inconsiderate are not noted medical conditions, they keep trying new excuses for their mess up.

And I didn't want to go here, but Paris spending her time writing down her thoughts??? Really? Can you say blank page?

Leslie

ADD, claustrophobia and panic attacks are life threatening? There are medications for all three and I can attest to that as I've got/had all three. I can't believe she's being held in a medical ward for that. There are inmates in the general population with much more severe issues and they aren't in a private room with a telephone.

I do find it interesting that Paris all of a sudden is claustrophobic when she spends a lot of time in packed clubs with packed dance floors. Talk about claustrophobic; I can't handle either and I'm claustrophobic.

But seriously for a minute. If she's really serious about using this to improve herself/the world then it might be the best thing that ever happened to her. I'm not holding my breath.

Tangie

WTF-others in jail don't have these illnesses? NOW I Know for certain, she was treated differently. That ain't gonna fly with the public.

notfamous

She is taking up a room with 4 beds that could be used for someone who is REALLY SICK! How selfish is she, and how wrong is that medical ward! Sue them, people!