ADD Is What Ails Paris

6/11/2007 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonTMZ has learned that Paris Hilton suffers from extreme Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and claustrophobia, and these conditions may have triggered the Sheriff's decision to spring her from Lynwood Jail last week.

We're told Hilton is taking Adderall for her ADD. Although our sources were not specific, we're told Hilton was not receiving all of her medications at Lynwood. As a result, Hilton was having severe panic attacks in jail. There were times she was so debilitated, she could not push the panic button in her cell.

As for how she's doing today, she's depressed but not really crying. She has a pencil and a pad of paper and she's spending her time writing down her thoughts. We're also told she's losing weight -- although she's no Nicole Richie.

af001

#55 my thoughts exactly!!!!

Babbs

I, BABBS am just standing up for justice. I know Paris has done wrong and yes she should do the time. BUT what most people aren't getting thru their thick heads is the fact that she has already served her time under LA County circumstances. Everyone else only does 10% for that type of offense.

The Judge put restrictions on Paris nobody else would get. Where were the restrictions on Michelle Rodriquez when she violated probation and got 60 days?

Sheriff Baca has a hard time dealing with overcrowding, understaffing and underbudget restrictions. Once a person is released into his custody he is the be all end all as to what happens to that person. And he felt it necessary to release Paris with electronic monitoring.

The City Prosecutors don't file motions with the Judge for anyone else. Where were the motions when Michelle Rodriquez was out within hours on a 60 day sentence?

Sheriff Baca should send home 50 women with one of them being Paris! The judge doesn't want electronic monitoring so send her home a free woman!

Paris isn't being treated like anyone and everyone in LA County!!!!

FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!! FREE PARIS!!

gwen

I am sure a lot of people in jail have ADD and are claustraphobic. I would think if Paris is so claustraphobic that being in a crowed Niteclub might not be the best idea with someone who has this condition..Nice try Paris..but what you suffer from..so do many people..get over it!!!!!!!!

Patty

If she does have ADD what is she doing mixing alcohol and drugs with Adderal. I have ADHD and do not drink or do drugs. She needs to get a clue. Man, I bet 80% of the people in jail have ADHD and not one has been released because of it. I am beginning to think that all of the spin tactics are going to come back and bite Paris right in the butt. If I were her I would be pleading with people to stop pleading her case. She sounds worse and worse with every bulletin that is released.

notfamous

Why is she allowed to take a room with 4 beds? There are more serious illnesses for sure, and she is stealing their spots. She is well enough to write, so she can go to a single cell. No one else who hates nsmall spaces and has ADD gets out of jail! This is bullcrap!

DesertChildAZ

Before you all start judging her ALLEGED illness, consider that most of what is being said about Paris in jail on this site is a load of CRAP...including her inability to pee and her hysterical screaming and kicking.

Paris SPOKE with Barbara Walters over the phone and Barbara relayed that conversation today. She said Paris never whined, but did admit to crying, feeling depressed and feeling caged (which every single one of you would have felt). She is NOT asking for a pity party. She seems to really see this whole ordeal as a calling for something better in her life and I think we should all wait and see if she follows through with that before you all kick her while she's down. If she fails to follow through, then you can kick her all you want.

If you haven't seen the footage, go to www.abc.com, click on "daytime" and then click on "Clips" under "The View"...

Ivana Jercough

GOOD WORK TMZ-- that what we want for you. THE SCOOPS, not the SPIN

Josie

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Paris Hilton was let out of jail because she has ADD??? BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!! That Baca dude is SUCH an idiot.

*highly amused*

m

Hey screw all of you who claim ADD isn't a real illness. My brother has suffered from it from birth and while his is not debilitating, it is REAL. The military, apparently in addition to the LA County Jail, doesn't allow him to take his meds either, as they are considered a "controlled substance". He functions fine without them, but I know for a fact that, as with any other illness/disease/condition, there are different degrees of severity.

I'm certainly not making excuses for Paris because if she really does suffer from this condition as severly as it sounds, then I do feel sorry for her in that respect. However, my good sense tells me that this is yet another "feel sorry for me" stunt.

Jill

ADD + claustrophobia = the new "twinkie defense" for the brat pack that doesn't eat, but sure drinks and drives.

barefoot contessa

New topic! Next! TMZ, I never thought I'd type this, but you're boring me to tears. There are A LOT more folk outside Tinseltown who are not consumed by this story.

Have anything else?

garrey

Hey Babbs what are you a freakin idiot,the jail time was 90 days dropped to 45 idiot she got a break,she got no unfare treatment she got the minimum.how the hell can you justify the assholes wrong doings she had no concern for what she did cause of who she is and never thought she'd be in the trouble she in,this is a wake up call for her this time maybe she'll stop snubbing her nose because shes Paris Hilton.what everybody needs to do is stay out of her life including the press and watch how fast she turns into a nobody,the freakin media made her what she is,and thats still a nobody to me.

Cynic

Would someone please shut Babbs up?

DesertChildAZ

TMZ - Please state the SOURCES of your "facts". That's what REAL journalists have to do, so should you.

There is no evidence that the actual room that Paris stayed at in the medial ward had 4 beds. When you can produce a photo, then you can publish that information.

madblaster

Paris needs to do more time. I only hope someone in jail shows her what trouble really is!!! She is a spoiled gross little brat sucking off mommy and daddys money!