Hillary's Horrendous Theme Song

6/19/2007 3:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comSen. Hillary Clinton asked her supporters to vote on a campaign song, and the results are horrifying.

Celine Dion's "You & I" was the winning choice, and if we didn't know better we'd think the voting was sabotaged. Bill won the presidency on "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" and W used "I Won't Back Down" in 2000 -- both of those have a some kind of campaign connection.

But the lyrics to "You and I" sound like someone taking a magical dream journey through the clouds, and not surprisingly, it was written by an adman for Air Canada! This isn't exactly the image you want to project when you're bucking for the biggest promotion in the free world. Check out the video TMZ whipped up to show what we mean.

ONE STOP SAM

lol the song sucked for Air Canada, I don't expect it will do better for her. Both are crooked I believe. Actually I KNOW Air Canada is crooked, Hillary I am just guessing LOL

MKW

I always thought the song, "It's the End of The World as We Know it" by R.E.M. would've been a good choice.

kt

It's very revealing of Hillary to pick an artist with similarities to herself: a diva, egomanic, who is well known to be abusive to her staff and those around her -- arrogant and mean.

And to top off spoofing The Sopranos -- a family known for no respect for the law and murdering their best friends....

Wow! A therapist could have a field day with her choices!

Hard to hide the real Hillary!

Mary

Go Hillary!!!!!!!!

It is time for positive change in the United States--I feel great shame whenever I see Bush-Rice-Cheney photographed in the press with other world leaders! ENOUGH of the beheadings, hangings, and displacement of innocent Iraqis who were already psychologically weakened by longstanding sanctions prior to the overthrow of Saddam Hussein on the watch and tax dollar of EVERY American by this administration. Those in the Congress and Senate (up for election in 2008 and beyond) who continue to support Bush-Cheney to this day need to be replaced by their constituents. Get our troops home, take care of their physical and psychological needs along with the long-term wellbeing of their families!

It is time to rebuild our unity as citizens of this magnificent country and expect our tax dollars be used in positive ways at home while helping the common Iraqis rebuild their personal lives (non-militarily) to the best of our ability. We have been fed lies, called "non-patriots" because we didn't agree with entering Iraq and looked down upon by Bush-Cheney as citizens, and instilled with daily does of fear by this administration--IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE and it is time for "You and I"!

kt

Do you think it's revealing of Hillary to choice an artist like Celine to represent her campaign? A person who is FAMOUS for her diva demands, very arrogant, and condescending and known to be extremely abusive to her staff and those around her. (including her husband) Both are well known to throw hissy fits too!

And then isn't it interesting that she would spoof The Sopranos -- a family who is glamorized for having no respect for the law and murdering their own friends???

Is there more to this? Is Hillary subconsciously revealing herself?!

Yvon Thivierge

Are your xenophobic, anti-Canadian emotions showing again, TMZ staff?
Are you afraid to sign your names too? Afraid that we could retaliate against you?

SP

Well, Hillary can kiss her bid for the persidency good bye...Celine Dion...this chick make me sick since her Husband/impresario imposed her to Quebecers back in 1984! He bought a magazine so it can have stories about her all the time. She gave birth to her son in the US so he can be a US citizen by birth. And now after 3 years in Las Vegas (poor them), she is now trying to find a place under the sun. Hillary, you made a BIG mistake.

ANNIA

As much as I admire Mrs. Rodham-Clinton, her choice for her campaign song is sucks. I guess Ms. Dion is the biggest contributor to her campaign, I'll betcha my last cheese curls...LOL.

"ANY THING IS POSSIBLE" BY Jonny Lang is more appealing, down-to-earth meaningful. Check it out if you don't believe me!!!

arlene24

I can NOT believe how some of YOU people talk in here!!!! You act like YOUR from another planet!!! Hilary I feel would make a excellent President!!! IT'S TIME TOI GET RID OF GEORGE W. BUSH ONCE & FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana

Oh my God. Did you see the video of her and clinton husband in the restaurant! Who the hell do these folks think they are? Don't they realize that most of America hates them and has zero confidence in their credibility! Very sickening. Send them to another country. Let her do her criminal tactics somewhere else than America. Please!!!!!

He's just another Idiot

It doesn't matter what Hilary chooses for a Theme Song, there is NO WAY she will be elected President. She was in such denial where Bill was concerned and didn't have a clue about all his affairs, or did she and not care? If she couldn't keep track of Bill, how in the hell will she keep track of our country and our enemies? She's a power driven witch. She thinks she will get the women's vote. Ha! I don't know any women who like her. I am a life long Democrat, but I will vote for any Republican before I vote for that lying Socialist.

Unhinged

Man, people are laughing at your country already. Now this?

Unhinged

And............stoopid people couldn't even choose a song from an American composer or singer.

Frankie Hoge

I REALLY DOUBT THAT SHE IS GOING TO BE CROWNED...SO WHATEVER SHE CHOOSES FOR HER EXITING SONG IS OK....THE SOONER THIS CONCEITED...EGOTISICAL BITCH IS GONE...THE BETTER FOR THIS COUNTRY....SHE'S JUST TOO POWER HUNGRY TO BE PRESIDENT....
THOSE TWO...BILL AND HILLARY... HAVE ALREADY TRASHED THE WHITE HOUSE ONCE....NEVER AGAIN.........

coolbreeze

Not to mention that Celine Dion is a Canadian. Surely there was one song out there that was written and/or sung by an American.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments