Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

whenhellfreezesover

sorry 2 hear U & any considerates fell & bumped your heads on ROSIE 4 TPIR host issue & want u 2 no 99.9% fans of TPIR r glad U all had a quick recovery.

there is a god
whfo

JOE SAVAGE

I knew ROD was a tragic mistake for the View and even more so for TPIR. She cannot keep the original theme or concept without interjecting her own loud-mouthed, opinionated, pathetic, self-centered biased homo agenda. That is a family oriented game show not the farce that she will turn it into. Big,Big Mistake. But go ahead and don't say I didn't tell you so.

Michael

Rosie would not be suited to host "The Price is Right". Maybe they could bring back "Roller Derby" or let her host "Womens mud-wresting matches"... something more "befitting" her persona !

D (the second D)

I have never watched The Price is Right in 35 years (but I love Bob tho). If Rosie were chosen I'd become a faithful viewer!

DzDawg

Why?

bert

Well, this is one show that I will not be watching. I use to like Rosie somewhat.
But not anymore. I now what to turn the channel when she is on.

uhhhhhh

35 Year run, not 30! Geeeeeeezzzzz!

littlebigmomma

She would be horrible at this job!!!!!!!!! What in the world could Bob be thinking?

Rich

#1. If u've never watch TPIR, how could you love Bob? What else has he ever been on?

joan

UGH!

whateveryousay

Go Rosie!

Ra

That job is a terrible fit for Rosie.
She needs a show where she can rant about whatever she wants,
not a show where she recites the rules of Plinko 10,000 times.

Quiet

WHy Not?? SHe is loud enough to get an audience all wild over home furnishings, cars and eleetronics. I think she would make a great host of the price is right. Also, today is the day larry birkhead is in court with howard about getting the millions of estate money to dannielynn. I hope tmz covers the court procededings today.

Kathy

The fact that Rosie so wants to do the new Rosie-fied Price is Right says a lot about her. Even with all her angst and passion, she really just wants to give and make people happy. It's very sweet.

Speedmonkey.net

Maybe she should start by spaying herself....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments