Fergie's Meth Meltdown

6/23/2007 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Not so Fergalicious: Black Eyed Peas' Fergie has come clean about her addiction to meth, and in this month's Self magazine, she talks about a particularly hamper-ing moment on the drug.

One time she was so paranoid on the drug that she talked to her hamper for eight hours straight. "I remember thinking somebody was inside of it, going to come and get me, so I was talking to the person who was crawling in the hamper," she admits. Now that's a bad trip!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

costaMesaboy

........GIVE ME A LINE BOWL or SHOT!!!!!,,,,,,,,just kidding!!!!!! SUNDAY bloody SUNDAY

bostnkid

my hamp my hamp my lovely talking hamper hamps.

wdwzd

Boy I can sure relate to that one, but dam girl, all you had to do was shut the lid.

Gossip Hog

Hamper goblin!!!

Renee

#86 I saw that article in Cosmo also. It was back when she was in the all girls group. And everyone thought she had a eating disorder. Like 8 yrs ago.

CHRISTY MATTHEWS

HOW MANY MORE TIMES ARE THEY GOING TO SAY "FINALLY COMES CLEAN" ABOUT HER METH PROBLEM?? SHE HASN'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT SINCE HER ALBUM CAME OUT,SHE EVEN TALKED BOUT IT BEFORE THEN AND HOW SHE ONLY WEIGHED 89 POUNDS WHEN THE BLACK EYED PEAS FOUND HER.....YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY SHE LOOKS THAT SHE WAS A CRACK HEAD..NO ONE AGES THAT BAD AT 33 YRS OLD!! MY ROLLINGSTONE MAGAZINE FROM 6 MONTHS AGO HAS THE SAME DAMN STORY. SHE IS GOING TO ALSO TALK ABOUT HOW SOMEONE HELD A GUN TO HER HEAD IN A BAD DRUG DEAL, THAT WAY SHE CAN GAIN SUM STREET CRED. NO ONE CARES ABOUT HER WILD ORCHID DATS, OR HER EATING PROBLEMS OR HER BLADDER CONTROL!!!!

Katie

Did the person inside the hamper hit her in the face with the hamper? Is that what happened to her face?

Funny about the Indians....

Some of these comments really anger me. Most people, unless you have used Meth for yourself...do not know what they are talking about. #30, you really made me mad. Why can't people have the good sense to not start in the first place you ask? You are a moron...no one says to themselves "gee, I want to become addicted to meth, lets start doing it!".

For many people it starts like me. My father (a high school basketball coach with a dark side out of the public...a meth side, a full functioning 'I've got everyone fooled, everyone loves me PROFESSIONAL, college educated man... He was a health freak, ran 5 miles a day and lifted weights for hours at a time...everyone LOVED him), gave me my first line when I was 16 because "I was getting heavy"....I was a star high school female athlete. I lost 25 pounds in a month with his monitoring of me. It gave me the energy to get everything done in my busy high school life, I carried a 3.8 GPA and was a cheerleader, a star softball, star volleyball and star basketball player.

I stopped doing it until college.... I was a college athlete on a full scholarship. I was tired, I was going out to clubs at night, I had work and school and training and not enough time int he day. I did a line at a party, couldn't believe how much energy I had and, couldn't believe that I could stay awake longer (to do everything that before wouldn't fit into 24 hours), couldn't believe that I wasn't hungry...couldn't believe that it gave me the energy to go to the gym and do my 2 hour workout like mad. He wasn't there to monitor me, so I went crazy with the stuff.

That's how the cycle starts, and then after a little that stops and one is addicted. It ruins lives, it ruins families and it takes a very strong person to stop. I was fortunate that I had the will power to stop on my own. My father realized his horrendous mistake and his own addiction, got clean himself and turned to God. I lost a lot of so called friends who thought I turned into a "bore".

So before you judge, you should realize that not everyone is so willing to become addicts. You tell me as a 16 year old, how to say no to drugs when your parent is giving it to you to make you the thinnest, the strongest, the most active athlete on the field and court.

I have since went on in my life to tell my story, to forgive my father (he will live with his guilt until the day he dies, as he now tells me...he didn't realize at the time how dangerous and deadly meth was) and to realize that what I went through in my young life had a reason and a purpose...so I could help others that have been through probably far worse than I have. I am now a married mother, a drug court advocate for children stuck in addicted families, because they have no say in the entire matter. Many MANY addicts do not realize what they are doing to themselves, but they have free will in the end. Their children on the other hand, are having their lives DESTROYED with no say in the matter at all.

Congrats to Fergie for overcoming Meth, it is something to be proud of. Congrats to all of the other posters that have struggled with this as well. We are all a unique bunch with tremendous will power.

Shannon in Texas

That explains why she looks older than me, and I'm 42! Gotta leave the drugz alone, Fergie. You look like a hag.

NIKKIC6

Fergie is an inspiration to most of us meth addicts. her song big girls dont cry really helped me through mine. i love her courage. it is very tough to beat. there are few of us who can

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7