Macy Gray

"Tries" to Promote

New Record

6/30/2007 4:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Macy Gray is the dopest, sexiest person on earth," according to Macy, that is. She also threw in a sly promo for her new album.

TMZ spotted Mark McGrath outside of Teddy's, who warned that unfortunately, "I haven't started drinking yet, so I got no good stuff for you."

Josh Duhamel was also at Teddy's with a decidedly less Fergalicious date than girlfriend Fergie. He and buddy Rodney Peete were chilling while Fergie was lived the "Glamorous" life in London.

Carlos Mencia was spotted with a leggy lady in gold, joking about Mariachis. Ole!

Tara Lipinski and Brody Jenner were both at Les Deux, though not together. Jenner cleared up the rumors; there's no cat -- er -- manfight between him and "Sons of Hollywood" star Sean Stewart.

BigCupOStfu

If it weren't for TMZ, NObody would pay a dime's worth of attention to Gray.

What's up, slow news weekend?

PurpleRaindrops

Climb out from under the rock. Macy Gray has been singing for years. Caught her on 'Cribs'. The woman is PAID!

As for the 'smelly Black woman' thing. I won't even justify that bit of lunacy with a comment.

sunset

I have every CD the woman is a genuis.

jEnsmo

Macy Gray is one of the biggest racists in the world..."I don't make my music for white people to buy"

Brussels Ramada (Paris Hilton's poorer cousin)

OMG, I looooooooooooooooooooove (love, love, love) Derek McGrath ever since I saw him in that cheesy Canadian (low-budget) sci-fi kids' show 'My Secret Identity'. I would NAIL him if I could... lmfao lame as it sounds, yeah. Good eyes, TMZ, spotting McGrath outside of his home country of Canada. :-)

I love my cousin Paris!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob G

What the hell TMZ? I can't believe this is the only thing going on. There has got to be somebody breaking the law or cheating or just being "hollywood". Get out there and start reporting.
P.S. No more of this dumb ass no talent whatever she is.

blackberry_curve@yahoo.com

I've heard the name Macy Gray off-and-on as a R&B singer before I heard she sang the theme song to the Nickelodeon cartoon 'As Told by Ginger' ["My Grass Is Green (As Told by Ginger)"]. I figured since she was a rhythm and blues stars, the fact that I don't hear much about here was attributed to the fact she runs in different circles (much like Carrie Underwood is to country)............... but as it turns out, Macy Gray is a bottom-feeder "has-celeb-status-but-nobody-know-why"!!!!!!!!! Just a big, fat raspy-voiced NOBODY! hahahaha

jz

If you dont know who macy gray is then you should get out of your close minded bubbles and listen to something that hasn't conformed to make YOU happy and quit talking about smelly butts and go wipe your own.

Switch

Can you say forgot the words to the National Anthem at a Major League baseball game?
.. and Macy laughed

i'm not a fan of her or the revamped fro

it looked good on real soulfull women in the 70's rather than retro wannabes now

Switch

#26 i agree. i heard that about her also

Finally exposed - shes a wierdo

I CAN'T STAND macy gray's little "baby girl goo goo gaa gaa" singing style. Listening to her screech & squak makes me long for fingernails scratching on a chalkboard, as an improvement...

cdog

Oh you all are being mean to my gal Macy. I have her CD in my wake up box and listen every morning. If you don't know who she is you need to get a little more eclectic taste in music.

Rosie the chauvinist

Why should I listen to music that does not make me happy, or music that I don't like? I sure am not going to listen to music that is repulsive to me and that I think is ugly. Not talking about this Macy person because she's not on my list of listening and I don't intend to add her. Not interested enough to find out who she is.

Jaimie

Till the day I die I will NEVER understand why people like her and her music. She is horrific! I cringe at the thought of her voice and Ive been told my taste includes pretty bad singers (ex. Britney Spears, etc.) so you know this biatch suxs!

Macy is a HORRIBLE mother and I frankly think that is why I hate her the most.. She has 3 kids and she just deserted them to do her dream. I know a lot of celebs and normal would skrew over their children to be selfish, but for her to go do that and really suck????

Ugh! Someone please shut her up!

Jaimie

BIG FOOT HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!! SHE HAS BEEN HIDING OUT IN THE GHETTO OF LA THIS WHOLE TIME... SHE GOES BY THE NAME MACY

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments