Divine Brown:

Alive and Talking!

7/5/2007 1:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0705_hugh_divine_mugshot-1In "Who knew she was still alive?" news -- Divine Brown, the prostitute busted with Hugh Grant on Sunset Blvd. back in 1995, is telling her story (again) about the night that changed her life forever. Heyyyyyyyyy!

Brown, real name Estella Marie Thompson, is part of a British television special airing tonight on ITV. She tells the Daily Mail she made nearly $1.6 million doing publicity after her infamous arrest with the "Four Wedding and a Funeral" star, who was dating Elizabeth Hurley at the time. She says, "I love Hugh Grant. Hugh Grant put my kids through school, gave us a chance at the life we probably would've never reached." It's like "Pretty Woman" ... kinda.

Brown went on to pass along her best wishes to Hugh, saying, "If I can meet him and shake his hand, all I would like to say is: 'Thank you. I appreciate you, and if there is anything I can do in return I would love to be a friend.'"

Hugh probably feels that Divine has done enough already.

brijett

So is she still a whore or what?????????

Zenophobe Alien

That is ancient history. Who the hell cares? Does she really need 15 more minutes?

Glisten Garbor

It was a nice career boost for Hugh and he should thank Miss Brown..

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

#6 Carrie - You are right! It gave him some edge!

redheadisnotdead

I didn't know you could make a million dollars from turning tricks. Maybe I should quit my job..

Tara Tennent

See that's what I luv about Hugh Grant. He is so approachable. Anyone could have him for a night.

Brit is a f*ck up

Put your kids through school? How about public schools, biatch!! Get a job and quit flat-backing it through life.

dude

This happened 17 years ago, so why rehash this.

d

It's great that she was able to take the experience and do something with her life...
she probably would have been down and out still but she turned it around and has the forsight and class to appreciate it ...everyone does something in their life they are not proud of ...we can't chastize her for that !!

PHilton

hookers are so hot!

Once a hooker always a hooker!

all women are whores, just not all can be hookers

Giggles

Yes, this is old news. Let's move on.

Lady Hadenough

Hey, it's probably the best thing Hugh Grant has ever done for someone. And the good it has done down the line is great! She put her kids through college!

Tangie

I say why not. It's the American way. Use and abuse. Because of this lady, Hugh Grant got rid of that horrible Elizabeth Hurley. And she got rich.

MISS SWEET D

I FEEL THAT MS BROWN HELPED HUGH'S CAREER SINCE IT DIDN'T SEEM TO BE GOING ANYWHERE. SO I SHOULD SAY THAT SHE DONE ENOUGH FOR THIS BRITISH IDIOT. HE'LL NEVER GET ANY HIGHER THAN WHAT HE HE IS NOW AND ESPECIALLY WON'T GET ANYWHERE IN THE LOVE AREA UNTIL HE FINALLY LET GO OF HIS LOVE FOR THAT HURLEY WOMAN. SHE HAS MOVED ON AND HE SHOULD TOO.

Caribbean Goddess

Divine said that she made 1.6 million because of Hugh Grant. How much of that did she give to her pimp? She looks like a crack-head hoe with no place to go. Your 15 minutes were up 12 years ago. Tell pimp daddy juice to put you back on the track.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments