Gore III Does 100 -- in a Prius?! Huh?

7/5/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When Al Gore III was busted for speeding and drug possession yesterday, people were shocked that the former VP's son was arrested. Even more shocking ... who knew you could jam a Prius to 100 mph?!?!
Al Gore III, Toyota Prius
The eco-friendly status symbols are known for being good for the environment -- not for shredding up the asphalt. A Car and Driver magazine test back in 2004 showed the Prius took a whopping 39.6 seconds to hit 100 mph. Not exactly Jeff Gordon material.

If Lil' Gore really wanted to speed, he should have gone with a Bugatti Veyron -- it hits the century mark in 5.5 seconds!

Kay

Al Gore Jr's Prius must have been going down hill, just like his life.

Nazelie

Marriage material for Paris Hilton.

MrParisHilton

My oh my.

stutzey

He looks just like my boyfriend including the mugshot.

val

NOW WHO COULD VOTE FOR A DAD AND MOM WHO CAN'T SPEND THE SAME TIME MAKING THEIR SON'S LIFE WHOLE AND ALLOWING THIS WHILE THEY ARE PUSHING GLOBAL WARMING? THEY FAILED AS PARENTS .. THIS GUY'S BEEN IN JAIL FOR THIS BEFORE AND HE'S A ROVING PHARMACY GOING 100 MPH IN SAN DIEGO. A MORON HE IS AND HIS PARENTS ARE LOUSY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jProud American Author

When I was growing up and in my adult life I was always told to respect my parents. To live well, but not do anything to hurt my family. This young man has everything-what a great life and he throws it away, plus hurts people that love him. What in the world?

Is it Just me?

I think he should be commended for managing any speed at all in a car like that.

Ace

I remember seeing Matt Groening of The Simpsons driving a Prius once. They can go pretty darn fast, of course they're an AMERICAN car is why! By the way, Matt, if you can't get Madonna for that episode of The Simpsons, I'm available. Madonna and I have both kept in shape, she's strong but I know in an arm-wrestling competition I could take her, neither of us mud wrestle but in a Simpsons episode we could I'm sure, or better yet, let me mud wrestle Martha Stewart in one of your episodes, have you had him on you show yet? Love that Matt Groening!

Ace

Matt Groening. Is that the correct spelling? Yes, I think. Matt Groening.

carol ard

This guy looks like a thug! Maybe he should run for president instead of his daddy????? I bet this guy has always been a spoiled brat and on everything he could buy which is a lot of wicked stuff...What kind of upbringing did he not have with TIPPER & AL? They must have screwed up BIG TIME!

BobBoloo

His dad wasn't mad about the drugs but he was mad about the fact that the car has horrible mileage at that speed. SAVE THE WORLD

MacGuffin

At least he did his DUI carbon neutrally. Gotta give him credit for that.

gingergirl

It's funny when AL Gore III, is caught with multiple drugs & speeding, good ole Al, pays the low bail of only $20,000 and then doesn't want to talk about it. He sure has a voice to talk about whomever he wishes. Want to bet that there will be no jail time.

Zenophobe Alien

Another one who will get then Kennedy type special treatment. Polititians like Gore will take care of their own. He'll never serve a day in jail.

stutzey

Lila,
You boyfriend is one fugly mo fo.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments