The Atonement of Britney -- Or, Whatever

7/5/2007 4:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears makes a bald move once again.
Britney Spears
On her official website, she posted a note apologizing to a paparazzo for her furious pre-rehab, head-shaved umbrella attack. She explains that her act was part of a "stunt" while preparing her "character" for a "roll" (sic) in a movie. "I take all my rolls (sic) very seriously and got a little carried away," justified the formerly hotheaded pop wreck. "Unfortunately, I didn't get the part," reveals the Britz.

The website also asks her most diehard fans (is there anyone left?) to help name her upcoming album. The choices? "Omg is Like Lindsay Lohan Like Okay Like," "What if the Joke is on You," "Down boy," "Integrity," and "Dignity."

Britney rolls on!

Tangie

I have always found throughout life, anyone names Lila is a skanky slut!

Lea

Britney will never learn. In fact, she just keeps digging that hole deeper and deeper. Why is it that every time she opens her mouth, she proves herself an idiot even more. If she wants the public to re-accept her, she needs to start by making amends with her mother. Right now, other parents are probably keeping their kids away from reading about or listening to Britney.

Jennifer

They haven't carted her away yet!!!!!! It's very clear she is unbalanced,I never thought I say this but Federline's looking like the better parent!! And Britney Honey your no Madonna your career is dunzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew Simpson

Dear TrainWreck -

Please find a secluded cabin somewhere and take some time away from Tinseltown to cool down. You are making horribly irrational decisions which generally accompanies someone who feels they can trust no one and has no one to confide in. Besides, who could not use an extended break?

PS. Lose the unbe-weavable extensions. Lots of women look incredible with short hair.

Pregnant at 44

Hates to be you to have so much negativity bottled up. Have a good life. :)

Zenophobe Alien

Poor Brit, she might as well go the home for washed up Bimbos. She has blown her career and has blown it as a mother and daughter. Give your mom a break Brit

m15

I AM SENSING SOME MAJOR SARCASM FROM HER. I mean a role where "the husband never plays the part"??? K-FED ANYONE. Also, the album titles are def mocking the PAPARAZZI CULTURE.

But I hope for her sake someone else logged on to her website and played a joke on her...

Rosie the chauvinist

I don't get the hatred for Britney Spears.

TMZ, you've misspelled in your "news" stories. Don't act like a prick.

I've never been a Britney fan and can't believe I'm moved to defend her. However, this absurd slamming by TMZ of Britney is ridiculous. What did y'all do, assign some Brit hater to her case? Some wannabee pop star him/herself?

Your stories are ridiculous. They aren't even stories. They're like some bad kids writing in slam books or whatever in junior high.

I'm giving her a break and plenty of room to figure out her life. She started out as a working child, then moved into singing/performing/dancing, whatever, and made a good career of it. Last I heard, she was the most famous pop star in the world. Maybe that's what gets under your skin.

She made awful personal choices in Kevin F. I think she should have stayed married to the hometown boy in Vegas, the one Mommie Dearest made her get rid of. Instead, Mommie Dearest approves of Federline, a philandering druggie with no visible means of support.

But Britney's struggling with life changes: growing up in the public spotlight, lots of fame and wealth to deal with, family involved in her career, parents' divorce, bad husband, two babies too close together, bad husband, druggie husband, cheating husband, did I say bad husband? Ridiculous press pressing her.

She's not been arrested, in court, in jail, like others we know. I guess Paris is your lovie and Britney doesn't have anything to offer you.

Britney has spent her entire childhood and adolescence working very, very hard. Paris has spent those same years partying, clubbing, prettying herself up. She has the make up and hair and suntan vans come to her house, along with the shoppers. This is her career.

Write fairly and factually or stop.

Charlotte

OH MY GOD SOMEONE STOLE THE WRESTLING POST.

It went poofy. :(

kiki

She should take her role as a mom to two very young boys seriously!!

Pregnant at 44

More Britney and Paris then. They make the site worthwhile anyway.

countincash

Perfect example of someone who has failed to receive any education in their formative years other than how to make money!

anna

oh god, all of you are dumb. you people do know she wasn't being serious right? that note is obviously dripping with sarcasm.

Pregnant at 44

She has had a difficult life this past year. I feel sorry for her.

Zenophobe Alien

Lila can I suck you through a straw