Mom to Brit -- I Have Rights Too!

7/6/2007 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lynne Spears, Britney SpearsBritney Spears wants her mom, Lynne, to stay a country mile away from her kids. But the combination to the code that could give Lynne some serious legal firepower is 3104.

Specifically, Section 3104 of California's Family Code gives judges the power to award visitation rights to grandparents. Judges consider two factors -- if there's a preexisting relationship between the grandparent and the grandchildren -- in Lynne's case, there is.

The judge will also balance the benefits the child will get from visiting grandma against the rights of the parents to exercise their parental authority.

Here's where it gets interesting. If both parents nix the notion of grandma having visitation, there's a strong presumption the judge should deny grandma's request. So K-Fed may be critical if Lynne takes it to the judge. If Fed sides with Lynne, she'd have a shot.

KB

I hope Lynne goes to the judge and gets visitation rights. It will drive Britney even loopier than she is now. Without Lynne in these kids life, they don't stand a chance.

That revised will by Britney is really bizarre. As if she can decree who the kids go to!! Not that I expect anything would happen to Brit, but would Jamie Lynn at a young age really want to take custody of two kids? I seriously doubt it.

Britney -- stop feeling sorry for yourself and taking revenge. Look at what is best for your kids! You fail to do this over and over again, thereby proving what a bad mother you really are. And please sterilize yourself so you don't wreck any more kids lifes.

hes a crack head

I think Twitney has hit her all time low...PLEASE help me if there is ANOTHER episode that makes it worse....
It disgusts me that there are SO many yound girls that just ADORE her and she is clearly OFF of the charts.
She has major issues, and she will run herself dry....WATCH! She already knows she is on a fast track to nowhere....
I hope she does everyone HUGE FAVOR...
I feel terrible for those boys...my son is my life....
I hated KFed and now he is my hero!
All Twitney is doing is trying to take the focus off of HER to her MOM, by saying she has a problem with meds. Id be on meds too, if this skanky slut was my daughter...UGH!~

Robin

It is clear to me that Lynne loves her daughter and her grandkids and even Kevin. Brit supposidly thinks Lynne is talking about (Brits) parenting skills to her friends and that is why the order came to be. If anyone has the right to talk about Brits parenting skills it is her own mom. If my daughter did even a morsel of what Brit has done to those kids they would be living with me now and the questions would be answered later. And what is it that Brit is doing to her kids u ask. Neglect, Neglect and showing her ass and not even being there for them. The mental abuse and neglect these kids r getting from their own mom is an outrage. I say give the kids to Lynne or Kevin and u can go out a party and have a new man each nite without us voicing our opinions. Give the kids a chance.

twistedvixen

I beg all of you grandma entitlement people to please educate yourself about borderline personality disorder. PL-EASE! I have final say over what my kids do and who they associate with. None of "ya'll" know what goes on behind closed doors and Brit is a grown woman who has not (to date) been found to be too unstable to make decisions about her children. You all think Britney is such a train wreck? Who do you think had a hand in making her that way??? Hello! Wake up people. I used to think the way you people do....until "grandma and grandpa" took off with my kids for 3 weeks. (It was supposed to be one overnight stay.) My children were miserable....they begged to phone home and were denied. They were returned to us (by police) totally emaciated, and with sun poisoning. My youngest daughter was found in a diaper that was at LEAST 3 days old. You know what happened? Jack nothing! Because of all you bleeding heart bunny lovers who feel like grandma and grandpa deserve carte blanche. No way ....hell no....those people who ABUSED my children are not allowed within 10 MILES of my kids! They still fill my phone with guilt filled manipulation about not being allowed to visit. Manipulation by fear, obligation and guilt is not acceptable...EVER...by anyone! Do you know how my kids feel now that grandma and grandpa are banned from them? They feel SAFE! And that is according to what THEY say.

Grandparents are not ENTITLED to any type of rights unless they can prove that the parents are unfit to make decisions....PERIOD! The CHILDREN are the only ones who have entitlement here...they are entitled (actually they are REQUIRED) to be placed in SAFE surroundings...and unless the courts prove otherwise, the buck stops with the parents. This information brought to you courtesy of a person with a law degree in family and contractual law. Granted...Britney is jumping on the parent bandwagon a little late in the game....but she has jumped on...and that is a good start.

(Ed. Note- I think Britney Spears needs a good throttle...personally I think she is a horrible mother, but UNTIL she has been deemed unfit, the law is what it is.)

pat

granny should get custody until fed and brit can prove they are fit parents

Robin

twistedixen, so true what u said. But the majority of grandparents know they have rights and do not go above the law (but with the law) to visit with their grandkids. On another note Brit revised her will. Her estate and her kids go to her sister but if Brit passes away before her sister turns 21 the estate and the kids go to her cousin Ali. Now that's getting back at mom. So dramatic. What r kids going to do with kids. Lynne could not be that bad of a mom. And for the most part. Brit has been too old to have a "stage mom" around. even before Brit had kids. Now look at the choices she has made. She stole another woman's man who had a baby on way. Her being rational left along time ago. That has nothing to do with Lynne. What Brit wants Brit gets. Now it time to pay the piper. Karma is a bitch.

ilovemyblanket15@aol.com

Remember that the tabloids only show what they want you to see. The ones that will give them the most attention, the largest cover stories, etc.

We can't possibly know what the family is going through. Maybe something we can't see is going on. I honestly don't think that Britney had to go to rehab. We've all had our meltdowns, why should hers be any different? We all make choices we aren't proud of, but does that make her any less of a person? Does that make her crazy?

She obviously has her reasons for not wanting her mother around her children. As far as I'm concerned, she makes the ultimate choices for those boys. Not her mother, father, or sister should be able to interfer with what she has decided.

Britney has her friends and closest ones with her, they wouldn't let anything happen to her boys if she was being destructive.

You guys really can't be judgmental without all of the facts on the table.

naughtylilshortie

Ms. Spears,
Dont use ur kids because u r having issues with ur mother. It is wrong, and mean not just to ur mother but to ur children. Consider ur childrens feelings not ur own, Dont be and I am sorry to say this dont be an ass to ur own kids.

cougar hunter

Lynne is looking way hotter than Britney these days. Is it just me? Maybe that's the source of Britney's craziness.

Sheryl

Does her mother really live in a trailer?

carlitasway

Her mother doesn't live in a trailer she lives in a nice big house her golden cash cow daughter built for her.

Rita

Last I checked Brit doesn't even have full custody herself.

Wendell

Listen, folks!

I know all about the b*t drama that goes on with unstable human beings who can't be responsible. Let's look at both sides: Britney, like Paris Hilton, is a female gone awry with fame to the head. They get used to people not telling them no to their most fantastic whims. They throw around money, obsecenities, etc. to the best of their abilities because they have star power. Poor baby, Mama wanted you to go into rehab because you were f*d up! Oh, sorry--I went into treatment on my own because I could actually ADMIT I was f*d up, and that my kids needed me. Britney is probably living on the pink cloud and remaining in Step Four. On the other hand, we have overbearing Mama Lynne who is doing her best to protect her kid and grandkids. Maybe she made some mistakes and pushed Britney into the limelight. Talented or not, Britney is definitely infamous now and needs to GROW UP, if she is intelligent enough, which is debatable.

Pregnant at 44

Last time I checked, Britney was playing with a full deck.

also a mom

I think it is all so sad, but tend to agree with those who think that the mom is the reason that Britney has issues and maybe that shouldn't get passed on to yet another generation.