Michael Vick

Busted for Illegal Dogfighting

7/17/2007 7:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0717_michael_vick_bn_getty-1It's dog days for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and others, after being indicted today on federal charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Vick was charged with illegal competitive dogfighting, which involves training pit bulls to fight against other dogs. When authorities searched Vick's property this month, they found 54 pit bulls and a host of brutal items including a "rape stand," used to hold dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified for dogs and a bloodied piece of carpeting.

Graves of seven pit bulls were found inside "Bad Newz Kennels," a Virginia property owned by Vick. The dogs were allegedly killed after testing whether they would be good fighters. According to documents, dogfights would end when one dog died or backed down, and dogs were sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gunshot, electrocution or some other method.

The indictment alleges that Vick and his co-defendants began sponsoring dogfights in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

missmonday

We need to have a special death-row for monsters like this. What a disgrace to the Atlanta Falcons. It's things like this that make me lose faith in humanity. But then again, 54 dogs are imposible for one person to keep, meaning lots and lots of other trash helped him out with the sleezy operation, and they should all be prosecuted as well. As should anyone who ever witnesed one of the fights. Shame on everyone involved for not reporting this tragedy sooner.

lisa

He needs to be "put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gunshot, electrocution or some other method. " Give it to him right back! I hope you and all those involved have karma come back so hard on your asses that you wish you were never born you bastards you!

Tippy

Where in the heck does racism come into this??? Puhlease, give me a break!

lucky

Wouldnt suprise me if he sells drugs too... I hope someone takes him out.

lillian

this is so sad and he deserves the full punishment if not more. dogs or animals do not deserve to be treated like this.

Myakinass

Another black man getting pulled down by the white man? What a joke! Michael Vick is just another guy being brought down by his own greed. There is a lot of money in dog fighting. Otherwise he wouldn't be involved. How will he explain 'Cruelty to Animals, to his Fans? If anyone is interested the Humane Society has a letter you can send on to the NFL to start holding it's players responsible.

Oh Please

Not that he cares but I have lost every ounce of respect I had for him as a player because he is such a rotten human being. That is no different than some sicko serial killer torturing and killing animals for his own sick amusement!!! And by the way #2, I'm black and once again I am offended by people so easily playing this card, it's getting old. Pretty soon nobody is going to listen when discrimination really does happen. Be a part of the solution, not the problem. I don't care if he is green, fighting dogs is wrong. I hope his ass gets kicked out of the NFL!!

MeLrose

To the little cry baby bitch who is TRYING to say that a "Black is getting taken down by a White" PLEASE!!!!!!! STOP playing the race card! Its pathetic!!!!!! White/Black /Purple/Green/ NO ONE should do the things he did! And previous poster is right i think- he prob WILL get away w/ it just b/c hes got Money- Thats the sick world we live in. Money honey can get u out of just about anything,,,even Murder.....like OJ -The Butcher Of Brentwood.

CaR

THEY SHOULD GIVE HIM THE SAME TREATMENT HE GAVE THOSE DOGS.
BASTARD!!!!!!

lucky

RACISM? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Omg sounds like Al Sharpton...

huh

In April 2007, the indictment says, an additional "testing" session was performed by Peace, Phillips AND Vick. Afterward, it claims eight dogs were hanged, drowned and/or slammed to the ground and killed.

Maybe if he is lucky they will have that "RAPE STAND" ready for Michael and his thug bitches when they get to prison.

Jerry

I agree with Steve-O. We should boycott the NFL if they do not kick him out of the league. I am a huge football fan but there is no way I would give a single penny of my $$ to pay the salary of a piece of garbage like Vick. Reading this story about the cruel treatment and execution of these poor animals made me sick to my stomach. I hope the NFL and the justice system both do the right thing...kick him out and then throw him in jail or execute him and his co-defendants. Disgusting.

lucky

He needs to be kicked out of the NFL and WE all need to let them know. Kids look up to these over paid punks he doesnt deserve the money and the fame.

Oh and saying he is being pulled down by the White man? Puhleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
your probably as sick as this clown..

DottieDame

What a cruel and sick man! I hope he gets the harshest punishment possible for this heinous crime! I wouldn't actually advocate this of course, but these are the types of crimes when you wish they had lion's dens again. Perhaps then he would get a feel for how his dogs felt before they died in such a horrible manner!

Jo Jo

How many hockey pucks could we make if we melted down Michael Vick?