Oprah's Got a Crush on Obama!

7/17/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has a crush on ObamaChat empress Oprah Winfrey put rumors to rest that she might be running for president -- by instead throwing her hefty support behind democratic candidate Barack Obama. Lucky Obama will benefit from an Oprah-fied fundraiser to be held at the daytime diva's massive Santa Barbara mansion this September, reports today's L.A. Times.

Those thinking of attending should start saving now: Getting in the door will cost $2,300 -- that's the maximum individual contribution for primary season. Collected contributions of $25,000 or more will score you access to a VIP reception, and a donation of $50,000 or more will garner a seat at a private VIP dinner with the possible next president.

Think Isaiah Washington, who has also thrown his support behind Barack, was invited? Doubtful!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lee

Oprah has a crush on ANYONE who isn't Stedman!! She most obvious, annoying flirt I have ever seen in my life and I am so over 'The World According to Oprah' ...puke

Nat

People always want to turn stuff into a race issue. Just go out and vote for whoever you think is going to run this country best (whoever wins - it's not like they'll have much to work with anyway). What gets me - is having to pay to hangout out with any of the presidential contenders. Everybody running has a hell of a lot more money than most of us posting online, and they think we (the majority of the people who actually vote) can dish out such large wads of cash. Oh please! These people should be paying to hang out with us. Obama is going to hang with Oprah and the other rich folks, but I have the chicken wings and cheese puffs right here. BYOB - Only $2.00 a head - please bring your own paper plates. :)

LAURA

WHY WAS HIS WIFE SITTING IN THE AUDIENCE ON OPRAH'S SHOW?? THAT IS ONE EVIL LOOKING WOMAN!! LATER, THEY BROUGHT HER TO THE STAGE. I THINK SHE MIGHT BE PLOTTING TO KILL US ALL!! THAT IS WHAT MUSLIMS DO!!

OPRAH DOES LIKE THE TALL ONES, CANT BLAME HER MINE IS TALL TOO!!

divorcetacticsforwomen

I am pretty sure that she is very proud and excited that a black man is running for president. She most likely feels she wouldn't miss being apart such an exciting moment in history. Now whether or not she thinks he is attractive and witty is something else. A lot of people probably think he is charming they probably aren't trying to steal him from his wife either.

esca

Is is really any wonder why anyone can have the kind of admiration for Obama? Black or white, he is the kind of individual/leader our country needs. Ophrah is just responding to what most of us are feeling inside. If only we can all take the BLINDERS off.

Zenophobe Alien

Poor Stedman. Does he know?

chillout music girl

why not invite washington TMZ??
every vote counts in a election...

Zenophobe Alien

Back off Oprah. The boy has a woman. Mean lookin woman nonethe less.

stoopit

She'll leave Steadman if Obama becomes President, then she'll be "First Lady" Oprah.
She doesn't want to do the work to be President, but she'll go along for the ride.

Petite

The next 15 months will be veeery interesting. No doubt, this election will be one for the history books.
I predict record voting across the country.

CALLMEJULS

Of course she is voting for Barack, who else would she vote for?! Arent all A A's voting for Barack ?! ............. I wish Barack would take his lanky (cigarrette smoking) ass out of the race! Vote Hillary!

FARRAH-FALLON

What happened to the money that was already raised?

Logan Dren

Looks like Ophra has finally picked a Winner. Obama has the best chance to be elected in 08, although the price to attend is steep I hope enough money is raised to knock Bullary off her I am the only candiate throne.

Zenophobe Alien

Where is Stedman? Haven't heard anything about him since the rumors of Oprah being Gay. She and her BFF Gail seem awfully close for 2 straight women.

Elsie

She's obviously star-struck. When there's a celeb on her show, she's in awe. I like O'bama, oops, I mean Obama, but I hope Oprah doesn't look only @ the color. O my!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments