Taylor Hicks' Auto-bore-ography

7/18/2007 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you thought Taylor Hicks' music was boring -- wait 'til you read his autobiography! Snore Patrol!
Taylor HIcks
The 30-year-old Season 5 "American Idol" "winner" has just released his "inspirational memoir" called "Heart Full of Soul." Zzzzzzzzz.

In addition to covering his lackluster post-"Idol" career, the 272-page lullaby mentions how Hicks realized "Eminem has it right: when you only have one shot, you'd better lose yourself in the music." Mission accomplished Taylor -- you lost it alright!

Only swim in the Ocean

The next Idol book will be from Blake. He is going to be the best evah!!!!!!!!

James M. Buxton

Who is Taylor Hicks? Never heard of him.

dude

A book, what the hell has he done?

gossip fan

I always get a kick out of people who hate TMZ, yet here they are on here reading the stories and posting comments. It's a gossip site for goodness sakes and I get lots of laughs out of the stories and comments. For serious reading, pick somewhere else to go, like CNN or something like that

mike in ohio

i read the book, thought it was really good...nice to finally read about a celebrity who is real and not a phony. someone who has worked hard to get where they are...but then again, i'm bored with reading about who's in jail and who's in rehab. To each his own i guess.

me

A book?!! What on earth could Taylor Hicks have done that would warrant a book deal? And who would think it was interesting enough that they would shell out money for it?!! I don't think I'd read it if someone gave it to me for free...although it would make a great doorstop, I'd bet!

writergal

Wow TMZ -- what did he do to you? Oh yes, he's not your snorting, skirt chasing, privates showing, drinking, passing out, musician. Oh yeah, he's a class act and THAT'S why you don't like him! I bought his book and it's NOT a snore! It's quite motivating!

eternally grateful

#8== AKA TAYLOR HICKS:

THE REASON PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE YOU IS BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FULL OF YOURSELF, THAT WE FEEL YOU ARE YOUR OWN CHEERING SQUAD!

I LIVE IN SEATTLE, AND TAY-TAY (AS HE IS KNOWN TO HIS VERRRRY HAPPY BOYFRIENDS) PULLED THE "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM ?" STUNT IN A BAR WHICH HAD ALREADY CLOSED AND TAY-TAY WOULD HAVE NONE OF IT!
SERVE ME, DAMMIT! I AM TAYLOR HICKS, BIGGER THAN GOD HIMSELF, NOW GIVE ME A F----N BEER!

TAYLOR HICKS IS A CARICATURE OF HIMSELF. AND HE IS BEGINNING TO KISS MAJOR A--- BECAUSE HIS CD SALES WERE DISMAL AT BEST, AND WHAT HAS HE DONE TO MERIT A BOOK DEAL? WHAT CAN BE INTERESTING ABOUT THIS EGOMANIAC, THAT CANNOT BE SUMMED UP IN ALMOST TWO PAGES?!
NEXT, HE WILL PROBABLY GET A STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME, ALA RYAN (UGH!) SEACREST. THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THAT WALK THAT DESERVED THE HONOR, SUCH AS JUDY GARLAND, BOB HOPE. THEY WERE MULTI TALENTED. THEY COULD SING, ACT, DANCE, AND THEY NOT ONLY MADE MOVIES, THEY WERE ALSO RADIO ACTORS. THEY WERE THE PROS.
THE HOLLYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE HAS SURELY GIVEN UP ON GIVING THE STAR TO THE REAL PROS.
WHAT A CROCK!

Jean

Leave Taylor alone. His book is actually good. I guess if TMZ is not a fan of someone, no matter what accomplishes they receive, TMZ will REFUSE to acknowledge it.

How sad to see this site mislead so many people into believing Taylor's book is a bore when it REALLY ISN'T!

just wondering

Taylor Hicks will be around a long time, doing the kind of music that he enjoys doing and entertaining his fans. He'll probably never sell out stadiums but he'll always have a following. He doesn't fit into any category - he's not a rocker, he's not country, he's sort of like Mel Torme or Johnny Mathis or some of the other great entertainers of the past who had a fan base from beginning until death. He's just a likeable guy who offers good, solid singing and does a good show for all ages. He'll be entertaining for years to come, and he'll always have fans.

got2bkidn

I THINK THE MUSIC INDUSTRY HAS IT WRONG . I LOVE TAYLOR HICKS" STYLE OF MUSIC SO DID THE MILLIONS THAT VOTED FOR HIM. THE RADIO STATIONS SHOULD PLAY MORE OF HIS BRAND OF MUSIC. THE INDUSTRY IS MISSING WHAT WE ( THE PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR )

LIZBETH ANDREWS

GEEZ LOUISE WHAT IS THIS PICK ON TAYLOR HICKS DAY? EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES IN MUSIC READING ART EVERYTHING. PERSONALLY I LIKE HIS MUSIC AND HIS BOOK. THE BOOK IS WRITTEN THE WAY HE TALKS . MAYBE TALKING OF LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM IS BORING TO SOME OF YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE FORGOTTON HOW TO DREAM OF SOMETHING THAT COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I AM OT TALKING ABOUT STARDOM BUT GETTING AN EDUCATION USING YOUR IMAGINATION TO CREATE SOMETHING. WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A GOAL OR A DREAM IN LIFE YOU ARE JUST EXISTING. IS THAT A WAY TO REALLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS ONE LIFE YOU HAVE . BE HAPPY TAYLOR HICKS IS. HIS DAD WAS AFRAID HIS KID WOULD BE A WORTHLESS BUM........ WELL HE AIN'T. YOU LOOK AT HIM AS A PERSON WITH NO TALENT BUT HE HAS A CD AND A BOOK BOTH MAKING MONEY. HE DID IT BY CAPITOLIZING ON HIS DIFFERENCES . NO DIFFERENT FROM ALICE COOPER DAVID BOWIE OR SOME OF THOSE OTHERS. TOLERENCE IS A LOST ART HERE. CRITIZISM RULES.

mid us

How do you know he's not 30? I have a friend who had totally gray hair when she was 25! It can happen. The guy is so talented. Wish people would give him a chance.

FABIO

I'd rather sit on the JOHN and read the phone baook...........

Larry Fuller

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Taylor Hicks has to be the MOST dissgusting, untalented winner of American Idol!!! Sanjaya has more talent than this nincompoop!!!! IF he appears on tv, I change the channel as quickly as he appears. What makes him think anyone is at all interested in his life???