Esai Morales Comes Clean to His Fans

7/23/2007 6:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Esai MoralesFormer "NYPD Blue" star Esai Morales has written an open letter to his fans on his MySpace page in response to a lawsuit filed by his former live-in girlfriend, who claims he sexually assaulted her and gave her herpes:

To My Fans,

As you may have already heard, I have been put in a very frustrating situation by some hurtful accusations that were leveled against me in a recent lawsuit. But, because of the nature of the litigious society we live in, my very competent legal counsel is advising me not to comment at this time.

Yet, I need to assure you personally that the charges that have been leveled against me are absolutely false and without merit and I am prepared to vigorously defend myself and my reputation.

You know me. You've known me for nearly three decades. And you know in your hearts that these claims are baseless. This is not the way I live my life and I am incapable of committing these kinds of acts.

I am proud of my humanity, my activism and my respect for fellow human beings. I will continue to be optimistic and I will not let a personal attack deter me from the bigger picture.

I am grateful and humbled by your prayers, well wishes and expressions of trust and support at this time and look forward to the day when the truth will prevail.
Peace,

Esai Morales

Desiree

We know him? LOL, what an idiot. We don't "know you" at all, Mr. Morales, so expecting anyone to believe anything you say based only on the ROLES you have had over the years is as ludicrous as it is arrgogant. Didn't your lawyer tell you to keep quiet? Good idea. Oh well, too late, now we know that at the very least, you are too stupid to take the advice of your lawyer. Probably too stupid in other areas as well. Seems we know more about you from your assinine MySpace BS than we would have ever known from your years of role-playing. Thanks for the insight, not that I give a rat's a$$ about you.

shelley

So many haters out there. You are so easily swayed to believe the worst about someone better-off than you are. Do you stop to think that woman is pissed that she didn't get famous while dating him? Maybe she first stated she would shut up and go away if he paid her enough. Has onyone checked her medical record to see if she has been diagnosed with Herpes prior to her hooking up with Esai? Celebrities are not all bad. I am quite sure there are more common folks trying to take advantage of celebrities than the other way around. Besides, if he did have herpes, we likely would have heard about it before today. I have one word for anyone wasting time to read this (yeah, I'm wasting time - at work!), CONDOMS CONDOMS CONDOMS!!!

LAS VEGAS REALTOR SCOT SAVAGE

HERPES, YEASH

Desiree

Haters? What the heck does that mean, Morales is the one who put that stupid comment on his blog about how "we know him." YOU personally know him, Shelly? I don't, why would I be expected to believe anything he says just because he is an actor? Get real, HE asked for criticism when he told us we should believe him just because he is an actor. He should have taken the advice of his lawyer and just kept quiet. Frankly, though, I couldn't care less about him, or his bimbo girlfriend. I can't imagine announcing to the world that I have herpes just to get even with someone, but that's Hollyweird for ya, trashy people rule.

my two cents

Esai, Esai, Esai, we love you herpes or no herpes.

anonymous

how do his fans know whether or not he has HERPES????????????????????? or is a violent jerk behind closed doors????????????????? ESAI means KNUCKLEHEAD.

anonymous

I CAN SAY WITHOUT QUESTION THAT ESAI DOESN'T HAVE HERPES, HE MAY HAVE GONORRHEA, CHLAMYDIA, AND CRABS BUT NO HERPES..............SINCE WE ALL KNOW HIM.................DUH

costaMesaboy

.............................definately has herps,,,,,,,,,,seems like he was once gay, also??

bo

thank goodness someone speaks out and defends themselves -- if you are innocent there is no wrong in speaking out and shouting it out -- more folks should ......and not pay attention to your lawyer -- lawyers get confused with all of the liars, thiefs, and murderers that they represent who say nothing about their innocence because they are...... guilty -- you can't stomp on the truth -- it always rises back to the top !!

Keep the faith Mr. E.

truth be told

Please spare us. Do you really think someone would come out and say she had herpes from some guy, so the whole world can see, if it wasn't true? You know he's a pig infecting anyone who would touch him without a care..He should be held accountable for his actions.. Maybe all these pigs including Paris would think before they openly infect people! BTW - he looks like my gardener.. maybe him and mario lopez can weed my Hollywood Hills home. It's getting a little full!

Stacy

YUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE!!! Waaaaay tooooo much damn information for me!

Trudy

Looking these comments over, I can see that this is just about the most hateful site I have ever ever seen. Shame on you! You don't know all the facts. But like to make yourself feel important by making mean comments. This is a great guy and deserves more respect than some of you are giving him.

ic

whenever i hear ex girlfriends go off with trash talk i believe the guy...sorry for your bad taste in women...it will all work out...what you need to do is look for the guy she was doing when she was with you...he is around and i am sure for a price he talks.......

Desiree

Hey Trudy, HE'S the one who says we should trust him because we "know him" and WE DON'T KNOW HIM! If he didn't want people judging him, he should have kept quiet like his mouthpiece advised him to do. Instead, he goes onto a lame MySpace and says we should believe him because we know him. WTF with YOUR hateful rant at US, Trudy, looks like people here don't like it assumed that because we see someone on a show once a week, we are too stupid to know the actor is just playing a part. Go peddle your holier than thou BS rants somewhere else, Trudy, and since we don't know you, guess we won't be taking your word about the character of an actor we don't know any better than we know YOU!

anonymous

My boy no have the Herpes, he's a good boy, you know me, trust me "wink"
"wink" I wouldn't lie......................

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments