Drew Carey: Galaxy Groupie

7/24/2007 2:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Plinko lovers, take heart -- Drew Carey takes his game playing very seriously.

The bespectacled comedian has been telling friends that part of the reason he took the job as host of the prime time game show "Power of Ten" was because tapings fit around the L.A. Galaxy's soccer game schedule, and Drew is a major fan.

The same goes for his new gig as the host of "The Price is Right," which conveniently won't conflict with Carey's game goals, and he'll still be able to, er, come on down. The future Bob Barker hardly seems like the athletic type, but he's actually been a longtime Galaxy groupie. He's even got his very own luxe box at the Galaxy's Home Depot Center stadium. Game on!

Donna

Oh, who cares? I heard that Lindsay farted on her way into rehab.

Priorities, people!!

Dawn Day

Couldn't they at least hired someone that was a little easier on the eyes???

Bob Barker, even at 100 years old, is much better to look at than Drew Carey!

Mary-Lynn

Will he still use the skinny mic?

elle

at least someone in america watches soccer.

One for the road

I like Drew.
But What is the big deal about P/R any more? Now that BOB is gone why not end the run. With all the high $$ game showes on during prime time. The money won on the P/R is a joke. Its not 1970.
BTW---Go away Lohan

Mad As Hell

Hey Drew - Invite me, I'd LOVE to go to a Galaxy game with you...:) Cool that soccer is FINALLY getting some recognition, AND, congratulations on the new gig. I believe you'll be very successful at it, very nice. Go Drew, Drew Carey Rocks!!!

stephen

Harry Potter is hosting Price Is Right? Count me in!

socal

yeah drew carey!!! my bro loves that guy and I love that he loves the Galaxy. And he like I have been fans since way before Becks. I do love Becks thought. we just got lucky

Jeannie

GROSS!!!

SickofallHollywoodnotalentnobodies

At last! Someone of some substance! A real talent. I love Drew. He and I are the same age. I'm sure he'll make a great host on the Price Is Right. I assure you, I'll be watching or at least Tivo the show.
But unless he personally invites me to his lux box at the Home Depot center, not even he can get me to watch over-hyped / overpaid "Spice Beckham" kick that ball around the field. Sorry Drew, I disagree with you on this one.

rj

Boy you had to go way back to find that pic, Drew has a very short hair for a very long time, and he looks a lot better shorn. Are you sure that isn't Mimi?

butweiner

Hey #10, "Plinko" not "Pinko" its a game on Price is Right!!

Mark

Ah, the soccer bashing continues...

Wow, you find it boring...how original!

Maybe you should stick to the mean and degrating comments you feel the need to post about Lohan from the comfort of your trailer park?

you are entitled to my opinion

screw scarey

give the dog a bone

...at least he's not; driving drunk, getting popped for coke, bad-mouthing his country, buying a puppy or prancing around town w/o underwear. (Drew, please tell me the boys aren't swingin' free). If you're into it, soccer is great to watch live. I think it's fantastic he can negotiate his gigs around his passion for soccer. No red card from me!!! More power to him!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments