Lohan Blasts Back: "I am Innocent"

7/25/2007 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is refusing to accept responsibility for her Tuesday morning DUI arrest, releasing a straight-to-the-point statement to Access Hollywood's Billy Bush yesterday:

"Yes. I am innocent... did not do drugs they're not mine. I was almost hit by my assistant Tarin's mom. I appreciate everyone giving me my privacy."

Zenophobe Alien

Betting Linds will be in jail or in the grave by the end of summer

Margaret

Last time I checked Lindsay was arrested in America where she is innocent till proven guilty. The field sobriety test is geared for everyone to fail. If you are ever pulled over on a suspected DUI, refuse to exit the vehicle, call your lawyer and wait wait wait to take any of their tests. If you have asthma, and use a rescue inhaler within an hour of a breathalyzer (don't jump down my throat if i didn't spell that word right) you will blow over the legal limit. As for possession of cocaine, any amount in CA is a felony. Be aware that even being with someone with cocaine on their person makes you party to the crime, and can get you a felony. Always ask for your attorney at the start, you can do that in CA before they read your miranda rights. Go ahead and attack me now for being sympathetic to young woman who needs a friend.

NatTurner

"I was almost hit" - So I was justified in chasing my assistant's mom while I was drunk and/or high.

"I dont do drugs, they are not mine" - But I was happy to hold them in my pockets because Im such a good friend.

I bet she's a dog fighter too!

DaveC

She's an embarrasment to Long Island, and needs to get her ass straightened out. Pathetic really, her parents are a sad joke and the last place this child should be is in Hollywood. She's not remotely serious about getting help either, if she was she would cut the crap and get into a real facility.

Get a life Lindsay, you've destroyed everything good you've done and your a fabulous role model to junkies and losers everywhere. Can't wait to see you join the ranks of Todd Bridges, Dana Plato, River Phoenix, etc etc etc...

Lisa-Centereach

If it is true, that a bag of cocaine was found on her while she was being searched inside the jail facility, this is a federal offense and I would HOPE that she would be prosecuted for this.
If it was a NON-CELEBRITY that did this, you can bet your ASS they would be prosecuted for this and the charges WOULD NOT be dropped against them.

It is sickening to see these so called "celebrities" receiving special treatment, as probation, community service, a small fine, an ankle bracelet etc. while non-celebrities receive the MANDATORY jail time for the crimes. The criminal justice system needs to reach down between their legs, find their set and prosecute according to the law that applies to EVERYONE.....

angel

yeah right# 48 same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asap

I hope the kids that have looked up to her , look around at their own lives and are THANKFUL that they are NOT her now. Just goes to prove,once again, that money and fame are not the source of happiness . A strong family,responsible upbringing and boundaries and some kind of spiritual foundation are more valuable than any amount of money you could ever earn. I'm sorry that she has not gotten to experience these things. She is talented and has every opportunity available to her but only she can fill the hole in her heart. I hope jail and therapy will give her the time to reflect about how she wants her life to work. IT may very well save her life and possibly others who drive on the same roads. There are good lessons on what NOT to do for the young ones watching this train wreck. I hope parents point this out and hopefully Lindsay will turn it around and show thesekids that you CAN change your life and move on. God help us all.

Helen Z

And the cops fudged the breathalizer too....admit you have a problem and then maybe, JUST MAYBE you will get the help you need. Pull your head out of your ass!

Janie

This is funny. The drugs aren't mine...that's classic.

Doesn't say anything about her being drunk. I guess innocence is in the eye of the beholder. I think someone should remind her we've all seen pictures of her snorting cocaine in the bathroom stall, although she was nice enough to share, it's still wrong.

I agree with BB's comment above. Her future looks very sad, but, it's nobodys fault but her own. Parents are divorced, rough life, blah, blah, blah...sorry, take responsibility for the fact you YOURSELF have no self control. I wish these rich bitch types could see what NORMAL really is and the way we live, maybe then they'd realize they don't have as many problems as they think they do.

All in All, I don't feel bad for her one bit, she is now a laughing stock. A joke. Another freakin' hollywood statistic. If you are listening Lindsay, this means you are nothing special. Just another junkie/alcoholic who can't cope. Only person that can fix it is you. That's got to suck.

Christina

Someone needs to tell her lawyer this news then, because she has already gone on the record stating her client, Lindsay, has relapsed.

justpicky

UPDATE THERE'S A SONG OUT THERE ABOUT LOHAN ....

HER DRINKING AND DRIVING AND CARE LESS ABOUT PEOPLE ....

THAT WAS FUNNY.................SHE'S IRRESPONSIBLE DRUNK ....

ooh that hurts good

What # 48 said.
I also WILL NOT spend one cent on Lindsay anything and I will not pay a studio that supports her. She needs to admit she has a problem and a few years in county detox should do the trick
My only worry now is what will the other attention whores do to top this and knock her off the headlines, surely Paris is a jealous as h#ll right now. She hasn't been TMZ's top story in over 3 days

Janice

This so sad.......The girl needs help she has no one in her life she can trust right now
That girl, Dori Cooperman, is probably the one who got her the drugs. She is the biggest leech on the planet right now.

I feel sorry for her right now. If can't fall back on your Parents , Who can you trust

death on a cracker

OOOOHHHH ok, well... thats all you had to say! makes sense now.....

rachel

GIVE ME A BIG FAT EFFIN' BREAK!!!!! YA SURE!!!!

So she's going to dedicate her life to finding the real coke head???? Ha!