Is This the New Britney Song?

7/26/2007 12:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: We're told this song may have been first recorded in 2003 and leaked in 2006. So why would someone leak it to us again? Hmmm... It's all I gots y'all!

Hand-delivered to the TMZ offices this morning was a yellow padded envelope with a CD inside that simply read, "Britney -- Get It." So we just had to listen to it, y'all!
Britney Spears

The song passed the listening test of our resident Britney fan, Brian, who says, "It sure sounds like her. It's terrible, but I think it's her."

It's also possible that the envelope was delivered by someone in Brit's camp or even Brit Brit herself -- they spelled Glendale wrong! Is that in California, y'all?

So take a listen and tell us what you think: Is this the beginning of a Britney comeback?

BB

I think it is her and it sounds great!! I really want to here more and see the video that's gonna go with it!!

Lea

It's her but this is an OLD demo from 2 or 3 years.It was for In the zone

Zenophobe Alien

Sounds like a chain smoker in her old age but that is her.

tressah

That looks like her stupid handwriting, (remember the note she wrote to x17) She sucks all the way around, and thinks this leak will redeem the article coming out tomorrow on OK. Take those babies away, they always are crying and looked confused..(who's holding me now?)

Scully

It's no worse than anything else she has ever put out. Point is she has damaged her image so badly, who would want to buy a new cd? The little girls who made up her cadre of fans have all grown up and away from her music. She is such a media clown that no self-respecting teenager would want to be caught listening to any of her music.

jen

Oh my dear LORD.......that is awful. Wont someone please help her. I thought Timbaland offered to help her put out her "comeback" record. JEEEZ Britney, get it together. Get on some meds or something!!!

jbird

Sounds like britney under the weather. Song could be a hit, but only if she works it over a bit first. Obviously a demo quality take.

Lori

Sounds like her to me! Poor thing...she's trashtastic for sure!

stevienixed

Uh dudes, this is never released track produced by DFA. It was recorded a year or so ago. *Yall* need to update your Brit Brit knowledge.

Zenophobe Alien

That is her chain smoking Ass. Sounds awful!!

simon birch

Wow..This is classic and the beginning of the end of pop princess, she has reached the point of no return within her brain...which is telling her..she is above it all and not accountable to anyone...ANYONE! This folks is what too much money and fame do to people who have no real grounding in family or true friends. Everyone has their hand out..everyone..in her eyes! She has friends...she is just too blinded by fame and money to see it. A real friend now would take her and lock her away somewhere to detoxe her and take her kids before they become a tragic ending to her downward fall...the only thing the media is good for is to show other what can happen if you are alone in your head...I pray somebody has more love for her than she does for herself right now.......

jane smith

Insane is right. Why does the old twit think she is a teenage wonder?

April

Personally I think it sounds good. It would get me on the dance floor!

Alex

Horror. But I'd expect nothing less than an unimaginative, grasp for a "hook".. I mean what else does she have? More digital cowbell, y'all!

Bubba22

I think it is her but she sounds like she's lipsynching a horrible song!