Fifty Cent: I'll Quit if Kanye Wins

8/10/2007 3:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper/human target Fifty Cent swears that if he loses his upcoming chart-busting battle with Kanye West, he'll stop releasing solo records. Mr. Half-dollar is going head-to-head with West over whose album will sell more on their shared release date -- September 11.

The gangsta rapper and his "Stronger" competitor, Kanye, are both releasing albums on the fateful day. Never forget the day when two overblown hip-hop artists' egos exploded across the charts!

"If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums," Fitty told sohh.com. Let's hope!

"And I bet this," Fitty twittered in the third person, "When Kanye West's sales come in, he's gonna have a 70 percent decrease cause Def Jam is gonna buy records to keep him closer to 50 Cent. So watch the first week and then watch the second week. Watch his ass drop off the planet. We keep our angles covered before we make a decent bet."

iamcapote

I hope Kanye wins.

Tangie

This is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.....

dude

They both suck ass, who cares.

Still suckin your mommas T*ttie!

Both of them suck anyways. RAP is short for CRAP!! I Wish they both would just go away!!

Crystal

Visiting Perez Hilton.com again?

Just my opinion

my money is on fitty

caveman

gee, i hope this doesn't end like typical rap arguments & somebody gets shot & god forbid we'll have one less rapper mumble his way through the same old beat.

TMZ-er

Of course 50 Cent would (and SHOULD) quit solo albums. It's working for Kanye! If Kanye DOES wins?... clearly Kanye would be showing 50 Cent how "it's done".

Evie

Of all the stupidest things on one of the most saddest of days..
They are both releasing records on Tuesday 9/11...and Fifty is popping his crap about if Kanye wins...blah, blah
On a serious note, its going to be the 6 year mark and the first Tuesday since the tragedy happened. We are living in a world where we don't know if this day is the last or what.
This "war" is ridiculous between kanye and Fifty. There are more important things than who sells more records and if Fifty stops performing on a solo level.
Big friggin deal.
Why don't they do the smart thing, out of respect change their release dates or move it up?
Who gives a crap? G-d forbid if anything happens, then it won't matter who sells more.

Georgia

no talent gangsters and Kayne is racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigpapa563

Go Kanye do the world a favor and get fitty out da house??????????

naks

What did Kanye do that's considered racist? I might have missed something. Anyway, if I had to choose between the two (which I'm glad I don't) I'd choose Kanye. At least I can understand what he's saying.

Brendan

I'll buy the Ethel Merman disco album before I listen to either one of these losers!

~KANYE= GAY!

KANYE IS GAY AND 50 CENT SHOULD HAVE DIED WHEN HE HAS SHOT 9 TIMES OR HOWEVER AMOUNT OF TIMES HE WAS SHOT!

LORD B

Personally I don't really like either one of them but anytime a rapper pledges not to record, He gets my vote. I buy a ton of West's cds if fity promises...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments