The Devil and Billy Graham

8/10/2007 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rev. Billy Graham's cover photo for Time magazine is innocent enough in and of itself -- but when you look at it superimposed over the Time logo, it looks like someone drew devil's horns on him. Say your prayers!
Billy Graham
The cover article, headlined "The Pastor In Chief," focuses on his "intense private and public relationships with every President going back to Harry Truman." The article does not mention, however, how Graham once said he thinks AIDS is a judgment of God.

Perhaps this cover is someone's judgment of him?

lucky

His wife is in hell waiting for him... Hes a phoney who takes poor people money and thinks he knows what god wants. Like all these evangilist he is a crook and a fake and is going to burn in hell. All you sick back wood inbreeders who follow him are going to join him in hell.

lucky

Tara pull you head out he doesnt give a rats ass about you keep sending him your money youre a fool

Katelyn

Billy Graham is a true soul. I'm sure TIME manipulated this. To those who say God doesn't make mistakes ... no He doesn't at all. But humans do. And this is obviously purposeful on the side of TIME ... not God.

Billy Graham should be respected for the person he is and counsel that he has provided for some of the most powerful men in history. His integrity is unmatched. Integrity is something this society lacks to the fullest extent. We all (myself included) find such pleasure in watching peoples lives fall apart (i.e. Lindsay, Britney, etc) but Billy rebuilt lives and was nothing but a help.

Ok, so you don't respect him as a Christian ... but respect him as a person and a man who counseled many many powerful people ... and many many people who go unnoticed everyday. His words still resound through this tainted and bitter world.

I love how some people assume that the term "Bible Thumper" is an insult. It would be quite the opposite. It's better to "labeled" a Bible Thumper than an adulterer, a bigot, a blasphemer, a drunk, a druggie and the like. I think that many would much rather chose the former than all of the latter.

And heres a Bible verse just for kicks:

"God makes everything come out right;
he puts victims back on their feet.
He showed Moses how he went about his work,
opened up his plans to all Israel.
God is sheer mercy and grace;
not easily angered, he's rich in love.
He doesn't endlessly nag and scold,
nor hold grudges forever.
He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve,
nor pay us back in full for our wrongs.
As high as heaven is over the earth,
so strong is his love to those who fear him.
And as far as sunrise is from sunset,
he has separated us from our sins.
As parents feel for their children,
God feels for those who fear him.
He knows us inside and out,
keeps in mind that we're made of mud.
Men and women don't live very long;
like wildflowers they spring up and blossom,
But a storm snuffs them out just as quickly,
leaving nothing to show they were here.
God's love, though, is ever and always,
eternally present to all who fear him,
Making everything right for them and their children
as they follow his Covenant ways
and remember to do whatever he said."
The Message - Psalm 103:6-18

SouthernGirl

This isnt about Rev Graham, its just to any of you that have posted these mean, and hate mongering statements about him:
"It is no secret, what God can do... what hes done for others, he'll do for you..With ARMS WIDE OPEN, he'll welcome you... it is no secret , what God can do"...

I hope you'll meet someone as good as Rev Graham, one day and see the love and kindness he shines with..... you're hate mongering will stop, you'll feel peace and you'll stop being afraid of what is ahead for you...

Tara

God answers my prayers, not Billy Graham. Why the hatred? I am human, but I'm not hating on anyone.

tired of cry baby

you gay writers never forget anything do you? in the beginning of aids even heads of states were saying thing like that, demisom tutu said close to the sane thing, that it was like god punishing them for a immoral life, something like that,also a lo of stupid things were said about aids in the early 80's because it scared the crap out of all "everyone"

Wasabi Pea

TIME will tell - hahahahahahaaaaaaa...........

-------> YOU = da Fool !!!!

AmyBlamey

I'm not 100% sure, but I think most posters have the wrong guy. I think Reine is right - I don't think Billy Graham has ever said that folks with AIDS deserve it or any of that hate rhetoric. I think that was almost exclusively the Pat Robertson & Jerry Falwell crowd. Jim Bakker (sp?) is catagorized as one of those hate-evangalists, too.

But I don't think Graham falls into that catagory, and may even preach the opposite of those a-holes. I can't be sure, as I generally avoid all things Christian!

Still, Time did the same thing to Bill Clinton back in the day - the M over his head. One would think that they would have learned their lesson!

BigDeal

I see we're getting alot of comments of Mr. Graham's aids thought, well here's proof why he might have thought that aids was a punishment from God. And I agree with Mr. Graham. read Leviticus 18:22, it says:
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female. It's an abomination.

Also if you people had any sense enough to believe in God or Jesus Christ and have faith in Him you would know this and believe it!

From the beginning of creation God created male and female to become one flesh. The bible does not say you shall become one flesh if you are male & male or female & female. Same sex marriage undermines the institution of marriage.

Go ahead and have your field day. I believe God and His words.

The way society is now with everyone wanting their own way and not wanting to abide by any laws or government, not wanting to believe In God, who is real, you people make me sick!

The Bible is our book of instructions for life! It has every answer you could possibly want to find. Get help people, time is coming when it'll be too late, but its not too late right now.
Wise up!

SouthernGirl

We " Bible Thumpers and Christain Brigade" are out in full force today to defend one of our own?? a complete lie.....the link to this site is on our AOL news, so I clicked on it to see what it was about... No one on THIS EARTH, has to defend Rev Billy Graham... he is a completely wonderful, kind and loving man.....To say the terrible things about him, that have been posted here, is sad.....you've never even met him, nor heard what he has to say and you're commenting....The Aides comment attributed to him is a lie....he has NEVER said that...
I'd say I would pray for you folks that are so afraid you have to post such disgusting things about a man you dont even know, but I wont.....Im not as good as the Rev Graham who WOULD pray for you.....
I'll just say, Good Luck.....hell is pretty hot I hear.........
Lexy

Jill

Thank goodness the cover story of Time wasn't about another religion otherwise there would be picketing and chants of death to the employees of Time Magazine. Why is it only okay to bash Christians?

Billy Graham is an example of what Christians should be about.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

alison

Billy Graham is one of the finest men on this earth. People don't want to hear what he has to say so they critisize his belief. Truth always hurts , doesn't it?

goike

LOLOLOLOLOL, God does work in mysterious ways, showing us how the former used car salesman turned self proclaimed prophet is really the devil's spawn, I love it!

Susan

Many of you dissapoint me. Billy Graham is a man who has talked the talk and walked the walk to the best of his ability.He has helped people all over the world live a better life and has always tried to do what he felt GOD wanted him to do. He is a man and not perfect but to me he is a hero.How many of us can say that we always did everything right and were perfect? Not me. But i will always try to do what i think is best for all concerned.

lea

He is the true anti-christ. He is the true hand holding the puppets. He is the true deciever.