1925 - 2007

8/12/2007 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Merv Griffin died today

Georgia Girl

TMZ, what the hell are you thinking?

Remove this post right now!

Mary

R.I.P. dear Merv Griffin....

Merv Griffin was a multi-talented man who found great fortune in Las Vegas and with the creation of "The Wheel of Fortune" which is ageless. I know he must have been driven behind the scenes though he always came across so loving, kind, respectful, generous, and demonstrated class. With his great sense of humor, he would have felt honored to have his transition from this world posted on TMZ in this way!!!

I don't mean to disparage the more contemporary generations (as my son is only 20 years of age) but those of us born at the end of WW II and prior have some great wisdom we need to share with you. The young can learn from the youthful elders and the youthful elders can learn from the younger generations....please do not isolate nor discard us in the times ahead!

Georgia Girl

TMZ, this is a new low.

Please put up a post that is respectful of a great man.

richiek

That is really showing very little respect. NOT funny....not funny at all

william

that was rude and tacky....grow up and get some class

Balloon

Oh you idiots! This is hilarious! Vanna's not clapping because Merv is dead, she's clapping FOR Merv, as she always claps when she's on Wheel.

Merv had a great wit and would have love this. TMZ, you did it again.

This graphic is LOVE, not hate, you morons.

val

very CRUDE AND LOW CLASS .. DISRESPECTFUL YESSSSSSSSSSSSS...

TMZ is committing suicide and when Harvey Levin dies we'll all be happy and cheer.

angie

Tacky, even by tmz standards!

diane

I agree your graphic artist leaves alot to be desired...and where are the accolades for Merv? He's been critical for days...you've had plenty of time to prepare a decent tribute. Shame on you for your low-rent pandering. As for Merv, I will remember his decency, his sense of humor, how much he loved his son, and his wonderful, ground-breaking talk show that really revolutionized daytime TV. All that and that ever-present twinkle in his eyes! He was a class act all the way and is unfortunately a dying breed in more ways than one. God Bless You Merv.

Tangie

You people are morons, with a capital M......idiots, there is nothing wrong with this what so ever. You people just always have to bitch about something. Ridiculous.

Been wonderin ...

YES #57 ... you signed it right... cuz you ARE "confused"

In NC

air brush out Vanna...then not so tacky tmz.

Runaways Fan

I understand that you were probably not trying to be tacky, but couldn't you have said 'Merv Griffen RIP" or "Merv So Long". Or leaving the board as is, should have left Vanna out. I'm sure it could have been worse! I believe your heart was in the right place, the execution however . . .

I'll always love Merv as the serial killer in The Man With Two Brains. . . . We'll miss ya!!

Tangie

#57--I think your name says it all...........

Rick

Boo! Show some class TMZ.