Report: CBS To Settle Up with Imus

8/14/2007 1:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Associated Press is reporting that shock jock Don Imus has reached a settlement with CBS, after the broadcaster was fired for making racist and sexist comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team. Calling Al Sharpton!

According to an AP source, the settlement keeps CBS out of court and away from Imus' threatened $120 million breach of contract lawsuit and a possible "non-disparaging agreement" which would keep Imus from speaking negatively about his former employer. Shut yo' mouth!

In addition, WABC radio in New York is reportedly in talks with the I-man to bring him back to the airwaves.

bellalu0

Bec,

I didn't say anything about mass killing. I don't know what you're talking about.

bellalu0

Don Imus is not racist.

MS. M

TRUTH TO POWER, the man's "firing" had little to do with the comment, mediamatters.org took full credit for the neutralizing of Don Imus, who is NO fan of hillary clinton....I have stated on this very site, when this was going down, I do NOT want anybody, much less, a group of private citizens, dictating what is appropriate for me to listen too.....affecting my right to FREE THOUGHT, CHOICE & SPEECH, thank you

Jeff Davis

Semper Fi Pfc. Imus,
Millions of us have been anxiously awaiting your return to the airwaves. In my best Dr. Phil voice I have 2 names to burn into your brain I-Man, Fred Imus & Terry Bradshaw. Hands down, your best call-in guests. Period.
Carry on
Jeff Davis

TONY NY

I Love Imus.I miss him.Bring him back...........................................................................................

Karen Ridenour

mpm call;ed me jsut now and said don imus will be on tv on the same channel as teh veiw which is abc

they jsut announced it she said

over on fox thyre saying he'llbe back soon er thanexpected

well hope its sooner than later

we love you don hurry back to our tvs again love and kissess its the iman we all misses Karen your #1 fan on this planet...and beyond

Tractor

Yeah, I would like to see a picture of him smiling with that big fat check he got from CBS for their settlement! It will be good to have him back, nothing on the radio compares to his show. I just hope I can get the signal. Way to go "I" man, I'll be looking for you and Charles on the radio. Peace-Out.

Lara

Thank god!!! Finally the only meaningful show first thing in the morning. I hope someone picks him up to give us the jolt we need to get up and go in the morning. Morning JOE is a yawner with that insipid blond bitch who only cares about her lipstick. Since Imus is no longer on the show I don't watch it at all. I have tried, I have given it a few tries actually, but each time I see Imus sitting there with gang having fun. Joe is a wannabee and just can't cut the mustard. Huge mistake if they sign him on...huge. the opposing network should sign Imus on and give Joe a run for his silly jokes. He should never have been fired and the networks made a huge mistake. I hope he got every cent he deserves.
Imus please come back soon...you are a true spirit, a decent human being who helps others in need and have a sense of humor which others lack. I am counting the days. Amanda

Lara

Imus, Deirde, Charles, name them, top in their fields who made the mornings filled with interesting topics and music. I read more books introduced by Imus, bought more CDs from artists introduced by Imus and gave a lot of thought to politicians...my only gripe is that he doesn't like Hillary...He needs to change that...Suellen

meat_arian

47. Don Imus is no racist and no pig
Posted at 5:06PM on Aug 14th 2007 by baygirl

==

Oh really !! I guess you never heard or just ignore he call a BLACK receptionist at the TV station during a blow up the N-WORD ...and also did call Robin of the howard stern show the N-WORD as well back in the early days when they work together . and they were witnesses black and white present that heard it all ;. SO PLEASE SPARE ME THIS GARBAGE.

Lara

Please hurry back...you can't arrive quick enough...all of us who are fans will continue to be fan and you will get new ones...just come back. Judy

Lara

For us who have ill children we adore this man. Who else has done so much for rasing the awareness of what plight our children are going through. Who else has done as much for Autism as this man. Who has been the voice for the vets since he left. I miss all of your family on the show. I hope you can bring them all back. Deirde I went out and bought your b ook kare

Katerina

Hopefully, he'll remember to send a nice thank you note to the racist Sharpton for the nice $20 million.

reaper

Ho, Ho, Ho that's what they know. Maybe if they spent less time on their backs, and more on their feet they would not whine so much about Imus.

Stacy

I miss you Imus...Please come back...you should NEVER have been fired to begin with. I think your first broadcast should be on free speach in America, interracial slurs and their beginnings, double standards in our culture, and old quotes made by Al Sharpton that he himself has never apologized for. What a great program this would be. HaHaHa, HO HO HO HO HO HO !!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments