It's Raining "Umbrella" Covers!

8/15/2007 2:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the undisputed summer song of 2007, so it was only a matter of time until "Umbrella" got the "My Humps"/Alanis Morissette treatment. This time, the refreshing remix comes courtesy of that fresh-faced Mandy Moore.

Pepsi Smash has put together a series of covers for their website, including Rihanna's take at "Redemption Song," a Daughtry stab at "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and Bowling for Soup, who tackle Fergie's "London Bridge." While they're all fun, it's Moore's haunting cover of the Barbadian's hit that TMZ staffers have found to be hella (ella ella eh eh eh) good. (A similar cover on MySpace from singer Scott Simon is just as entertaining.)

Moore's no veteran to stripping down a pop uber-hit -- she did the same thing to her own saccharine "Candy," gutting out a bluesy version during her live shows.

lisa z

I think it's an improvement.

steve

I love mandy moore.Super hot.See her movie with John KRasinski from The Office.VEry good

Desease control

Hang it up Slut

Gabe

Pretty Bad, I want this remake at my funeral so everybody will cry for sure...

Miss Smith

B@tch stole that from this girl that sang it a few weeks ago on the Carson Daily show!!
Except the singer on the CD show (not famous yet) sang it better! And played her own guitar!

Maureenobrien@mac.com

> Moore's no veteran

I think you mean "Moore's no novice. . .?"

Denise

way to ruin the song mandy!

Sami

Is Mandy Moore's version the one that was at the end of the season premiere of "The Hills" or is it Marie Digby's? They both sound so similar and so nice, I don't want to down load the wrong one, and personally I don't want to have the same song on my ipod twice...

Rocket

Good lord people, why the hate? First off, Mandy isn't really top 40 anymore, she even trashes her early songs. She's actually became a pretty good artist, and her cover is pretty good.

Courtney

I heart MM, but John West's cover of Umbrella is *MUCH* better...

myspace.com/johnpeterwest

crossphaded

Marie DIgby's version is sooo much better:

tmmca

The song is so much more beautiful in Mandy's version.

theComplex

Thanks or RUINING the song, Mandy.

I can appreciate a more melodic slowed down version. But Mandy doesnt have what it takes to make this song more SOULFULL, she has no SOUL in her voice. It's strictly pop. And this version crosses into pop/hill billy yodelling. A better cover would have been produced by Amy Winehouse or Joss Stone. And if we wanted to hear someone who's been out of the loop for a while, Lauryn Hill could have done it better justice.

2 thumbs DOWN. Try again.

Ed

Marie Digby's version was on the season premier of "The Hills." (Just check the show's web site.) I prefer her version to Mandy's.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2