Star Jones -- I Was a Big, Fat Denier!

8/16/2007 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of the world's worst kept secrets -- that Star Jones had her stomach stapled to help her drop 160 lbs. -- is out there, but even under intense questioning from Diane Sawyer this morning, it's still unclear why she kept it.

The bebobbed Star blabbed on "Good Morning America" to Diane about her surgery, almost four years ago to the day. She admitted that in her newly svelte state she danced around the truth -- and still hot-footed around Diane's grilling about it today, not really 'splaining why she was so sheepish.

Now, says Star, whose Court TV show starts next month, she's "free," but still can't quite escape the (very large) shadow of her old self.

Cathy

Ms. Jones has (finally) found a subject that she is simply not comfortable discussing with the world. Weight issues are a terribly personal subject that are difficult to deal with alone. Sharing the psychology behind weight loss or gain with the public is absolutely unnecessary and in no one's business but her own.

val

I like her. Star Jones is black and got an education before Sharpton was lying about Tuana Brawley and a rape that never happened. Star Jones is classy and she's beqautiful too. She never had a chin implant and a face redo like Chelsea Clinton, she had a surgery to modify her weight... I think it was great when being fat made her the brunt of jokes at the same time skinny entertainers snorting cocaine and taking drugs to make them thin, the ones our kids emulate in every way, are the real criminals we should deny entree in our lives.

Stop ridiculing Star Jones when she's bright and beautiful looking and she was in pain from the bad jokes hosted on her. Posts I see here are always shocking when I know there's a smelly, ugly, dirty douche bag, male and female, on the other end of that keybord brutally bathing Star Jones with hate. And, she's the success, they are not.

Always Curious

I tell you why - it was because she wasn't going to say a word until she decided she wanted to do her own show...then...what better way to promote it...I can't stand that women....aside from that....she looks just like a friggin turtle with that neck and those lips...ewww....she is a pretty ugly person....and I hope the show tanks.

meow

IT TOOK HER SO LONG TO TELL THIS STORY BECAUSE SHE IS A LIAR
ALSO, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE COURT TV PEOPLE AND HER PR PEOPLE
TOLD HER THAT IF SHE DOES NOT PUT A SPIN ON IT SHE WILL NEVER GER
WORK BECAUSE HER CREDIBILITY IS SHOT.
IF SHE DOESN'T WORK SHE CAN NOT SUPPORT HER FRUITY HUSBAND.

LThompson

# 27, thank you. I’m sorry to hear she was so rude to you, but I can’t say it surprises me in the least. I think you nailed it and you describe exactly my general impressions of Ms. Jones Reynolds during her View tenure – an arrogant “my way or the highway” know it all and supremely self-centered, unreasonable diva. Clearly there were times she added value to the panel, but too often she would pre-judge invited guests rather than listen to what they had to say and then proceed to be horribly rude to them with lots of obnoxious eye-rolling and not so under the breath sounds of disdain or dismissal. She would even dramatically storm off the set during a live interview on occasion. Stunningly unprofessional behavior. If you don’t like a particular interview subject, don’t invite them or don’t participate in the interview if you can’t remain professionally objective and behave yourself.

Conversely, she would be nauseatingly sycophantic and way over the top with guests she liked, particularly celebs – a habit that just grew more and more overtly obnoxious as the years progressed and she got more and more ridiculous about her own faux celebrity status. I remember when she was trying to sell her NYC apartment a year ago or so. Pictures of gold gilded bathrooms with 8x10 head shots of the diva herself on the counter as if a prospective buyer with a couple of million to plunk down was going to be impressed.

Whether or not she has truly been humbled by the events of the last year and a half remain to be seen. I for one am somewhat skeptical.

lucywusy

well Rosie was right Star lied to all. I dont believe her story. No wonder she was fired fro the view. She lied to all about losing her weight naturally . Seems strange this comes out just when her new show starts next week. I did have respect for her but when she lied she lost all respect from me.

Harvey's a douche

Ahh, a once fat and ugly cheapskate liar is now an ugly cheapskate liar. Star, you are still not relevant, you are not important and you certainly aren't as popular as you think you are. Get over yourself.

Ida Clair

>>29. i don't understand why i can't marry a gay man, but she can.

Posted at 2:14PM on Aug 16th 2007 by you are entitled to my opinion

charliesangel

she had to come clean. as if no one already knew the truth. have you seen her Courtt ads? she talks about the truth and being honest, she must be talking about someone else

Ida Clair

Hey! most of my comment didn't show up!

---29. i don't understand why i can't marry a gay man, but she can.

Posted at 2:14PM on Aug 16th 2007 by you are entitled to my opinion---

ROFLMAO - thanks for that...and good question. Why can't gay people be as miserable as the rest of us? Does marriage somehow make someone 'more special'?

Pocahontas

MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS THE ANSWER TO THIS:

Is it possible to pick the weight that you wanna get to (without getting to skinny) after that kind of a surgery?

It'll be great if someone who actually knows will answer, since I may be considering this myself (but I wanna stop losing when it's enough) and not get as tiny as Star.

Thanks

mimi

Star is an arrogant (& saggy!) BOOB who lied thru her teeth on The View, claiming that her rapid weight loss was the result of Pilates & diet. I'm not familiar with her latest interviews, but feel that since Star is so amazingly conceited, she just couldn't acknowledge that she was unable to stick to a diet & lose weight the natural way.

maggs

Who Cares?

sue

Star looks terrible. I thought the surgery was suppose to help her lose weight and find happiness but it doesn't look like it worked for her.

Kay

So Star Jones had her stomach staple big deal. I don't see why she boo hoo about it, it's no one business but hers.
PS: To tell you the truth, Star you look better fat. You just don't look so healthy so skinny.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments