Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

Lo24

Boo Hoo...it's about time you grew up

Jus D truth

take the easy way out (as you always do) JUST O.D. NOW - and get it over with!!!!

OH WELL

oh please Lindsay,

WHATEVER!!!!!!
Hate these half assed celebrity apologies! Show us that you changed by your actions not by making self pitying and self absorbed stupid statements!
Since when did " I take full responsibility yaddi yadda" become so....*rolls eyes*

realtalk

im glad she's finally admitted having a problem. hope it was sincere. I am not surprised at all that all she's recieving is one day in jail and 10 days of community service...however, I think the best thing for her is what she's doing...and thats getting help. good luck lindsay.

Parents Need to Know

So when is Lindsay going to be on Larry King telling her lies?

crystal

i hope so. only time will tell...

anniebee

Also ask her about the store she was at? Nice find for her.. Drugs in the juice aisle. I have heard it all. Why did she test positive in rehab recently?

Chifino

Lindsay,
I still LOVE you...!

scarlett

All of this written by her lawyer ....... this is written in order for her to avoid prison.

connie

Yes you are right Lindsey.....you are taking responsiblity ..hirering a lawyer who gets you off ! The best road to recovery!

Wild honey music company

I love pretty Lilo. Everybody skanks out from time to time.

Lilarose

NOW we get this--didn't the DA decide to not charge her for the cocaine in her possession?

I really don't care about this GIRL or any of her contemporaries.

SAM

If you care so much.. why dont you talk to young girls who are dying to be you.. look like you.. tell them you SNORTED and Blew till the cows came home. Step up LIndz.. then we will start believing. AND STOP BSing in your interviews.. then we will take your ass serioulsy. (( more importantly.. your little sister is watching your every move) Boo Hoo

Naples

hang in there babe, my fiance and I both sought help last summer. It will get better.

Ellis Light

Something deep inside always feels sorry for her...I had screwed up parents too...it is hard (no pun intended)