« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Falcons Won't Sack Vick

8/27/2007 1:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Atlanta Falcons won't cut Michael Vick -- he's just too damn valuable. Well, at least his contract is.
Michael Vick
In a press conference, Falcons owner Arthur Blank said that while he's "profoundly disappointed and saddened" by Vick's action, the team is not willing to throw Vick to the dogs.

"We cannot tell you today that Michael is cut from the team," said Blank. "It may feel better emotionally, but it's not in the long term best interest of our franchise."

Blank added, "If we had any idea this was going on ... we would have dealt with it immediately."

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

She Looks Fabulous

I bet he will work something out with PETA where he sees their cause and begin doing some kind of work for them.

Dank

I'll root for Micheal Vick when he comes back, root for him to break his neck. I would love to see him in a vegetated state of mind, at least thats better then he left those dogs.

In all seriousness tho, I will hate ANY team and peronally have a grudge against them if they let this POS play for them. This goes beyond him being an athelete. He executed dogs. As a proud owner of a pitbull myself, I find all of these acts horrendous. He is the type of person who gives these dogs bad names. My dog is nicier and more obediant then most dogs i know that are not pitbulls. He is a true lapdog (even tho he is 75 pounds). This guy deserves to rot in a jail cell.

Vick makes Maurice Clarett look like an angel.

Good grief

Is this loser still going to be valuable to the team after sitting in prison for 2 years?

Mynda

The reason that the Falcons have yet to "sack" Vick, is because right now if they cut him, they will be cutting him completely. This means that they will not have the legal right to sue him for the 22 million dollar sign on bonus that he was retained with in the pre-season. Now, if they keep him in the NFL throughout the lawsuit, they can recomp the money that they have given Vick for a season he will NEVER play. Does anyone out there actually believe that he will play again??? Give me a break, for every unusual and questionable situation there is a reason - Money.

mickey lou

Send him to work at the dog pound & Work w/ Peta!

Defender

Michael Vick's "apology" made me sick. "Immaturity" might explain grafittti, or joyriding, or getting drunk, or shoplifting, but TORTURE and GRATUITIOUS KILLING is not something you "grow up" and get over! He is SICK and so is anybody who defends him. And idiots like #25 who say, It's only a dog, so what -- it's a proven fact that EVERY sick killer started out with animals and then moved on to humans. This sadistic conduct is the product of a sick mind, not an immature one, and it should never be tolerated or excused.

Smith

Before anyone decides to place moral judgment on the Falcons or the NFL, in order to properly sue Mike Vick for the $22 million+ in signing bonus money they have paid him they must retain him until a settlement has been reached. You only have to look as far as Ricky Williams and his pot smoking mistakes to see why the Falcons are not cutting ties with Mike Vick. They can't. It is in the best interest of the team, fans and the league for the Falcons to take their time and get back as much money as they can before cutting all ties with Vick.

buzzie

SAY WHAT!!!!!! BOYCOTT THE FALCONS! Of course Mr. Vick is now saying that through all of this he has found Jesus - WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!! I wish we could email the falcons directly and let them know what we think.

M.

Boo Falcons! Worst team ever!

Rhonda

You have got to be kidding. My esteem for the Falcon franchise has plummeted. I have season tickets and I will boycott any game that includes Michael Vick. Gee, if the team loses, can we hang them?

sammy

...won't "throw him to the dogs"???? Nice.

kim

of course money is more important than life. This is the problem. It should not matter if it is an animal or human, you kill you pay. The bottom line is all that matters to these people. I myself will not be watching on T.V. or buying ANYMORE footbal tickets. So keep Vick you just wont be keeping my money!!!!!!!!

Mark

Thank God the Falcon's organization is not condemning a very talented man to a life without a career simply because he made a mistake. We hear and see all day long about the numberous DRUG, ALCOHOL and near FELONY convictions of popular Actors and Actresses and nobody calls for an end to their career. Michael Vick is a human being whose secret life got out. I am certain that if we did an evaluation of the things we do in SECRET at our homes that we hope nobody finds out about we may find some bones of our own.

Dixie in Myrtle Beach

#24 ANA...I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL!! YOUR COMMENT IS STUPID AND YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

TrimSpa Baby

Arthur Blank needs to go back to Home Depot and sale appliances!! This is a very serious issue and Arthur Blank CHOOSES not to do the right thing. By keeping Vick on the Falcons, he will do more harm for the team than good. I'd rather support a losing team than a team that condones animal abuse. The Falcons' reputation will ALWAYS be associated with Vick especially if he is still on the team. We all need to start on a campaign again to convince him to remove Vick from the team!

Mailing Address: