Miss Teen USA Hopeful -- Say What?!

8/27/2007 1:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Everyone has their blonde moments, but babbly Miss Teen South Carolina had hers during a nationally televised beauty pageant. Um, duh.

Though the question wasn't exactly difficult: "Why can't 1/5th of Americans locate America on a map?" -- Lauren Caitlin Upton gave an answer that couldn't have made less sense if she were speaking in ancient Selonian ... in fact, maybe she was!

Surprise. Upton didn't win. Watch the teen train wreck attempt to speak.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cat

WELL AT LEAST SHE HAS HER "LOOKS" lmao!

dave

sweet lady!

lmfao

Rocket Scientist Material. I bet she got accepted to Harvard.

Me

I'm willing to bet she can't locate America on a map. It looked like Mario was having a hard time keeping a straight face.

Take off, eh?

Like, oh my God. Like maybe her like, earrings, were like pulling too hard on her like, ears you know? And like, maybe that was somehow hurting her brain.

Gawd...

Allison

What an idiot. I'm sorry but how did she even make it to be Miss Teen S. Carolina. Doesn't show well for SC! And I agree that Mario Lopez looks like he is biting his tongue the whole time.

K-Had

Wow! Mario does look like he's gonna crack. LOL...I would too:-)

I speak da trooph

Yikes!

Jack M. Hoff

Hey, who cares. As long as she can find my zipper.

Jessgoboom

DEAR GOD! You have Got to be kidding! Is it possible that this is the greatest country in the world? Thank God she didn't win... if she had it would have been an distressing indicator of what is really valued in American society (as opposed to just California).
In Cali, she would be lauded, appreciated and very much in demand - after being advised to get a boob job. And yes, I am a bitter California resident who is not blonde, 6ft tall or implanted - but hey - I can speak coherently!

JG

What a mental Giant. If this is our future we are screwed BTW she really isn't that good looking. Better start sleeping with judges!

Frost

She completely personifies why 1/5 can't find America on a map. She's been raised in a culture consumed with LOOKS not BRAINS. Perhaps she should have been encouraged to spend time reading rather than plucking her eyebrows.

JASON

well she is the smartest person in carolina! so she deserves the honor.

c'mon...get a clue

Bet she's kickin herself in the ass after that stupid answer...unless she's too stupid to realize how stupid that answer was...

bored at work

uh, i think that all south americans are africans in american states who need to buy a map .........her parents must be SO PROUD of her accomplishments!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments