Arsonist Lights Up Burning Man Early

8/28/2007 7:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Christmas came early for revelers at the eight-day Nevada desert festival known as Burning Man, when an arsonist lit up the 40-foot "Man" on Tuesday -- it wasn't supposed to go up in flames until Saturday. Current.TV reports festivalgoers (lucid and not-so-lucid) were heard chanting, "Save the man, save the man!"

Authorities say Paul Addis is responsible for the premature torching and have charged him with arson and misdemeanor possession of fireworks. 40,000 people are expected to reach the Black Rock Desert event this weekend, and organizers say the wooden effigy will be rebuilt in time for the scheduled 9:00 PM burning on Sept. 1. Burn, baby, burn!

Now back to our regularly scheduled Thirty Mile Zone programming!

sandyduncansglasseye

now if someone would just burn all the people who are there, I would be happy...such a loser fest

Jason

Is it really arson if you burn something that was built to be burned in the first place?

cheryl

I AM NOT AMUSED ABOUT THIS WRITE UP...IN FACT, I AM ENRAGED !!! MR. HOT HEAD SHOULD HAVE HAD HIS LICENSE TAKEN AWAY AFTER THE 1ST OFFENSE...HE HAS NO RIGHT BEING BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A CAR...HE'S A TIME BOMB WAITING TO GO OFF !!
NOW, AN INNOCENT YOUNG MAN MAY DIE BECAUSE OF HIS "I'M SO COOL BEHIND THE WHEEL" ....WHAT KIND OF PARENTS WOULD ALLOW A KID TO DRIVE AFTER 3 OFFENSES ? WHAT KIND OF PARENTS BUY A 16 OR 17 YEAR OLD THAT KIND OF CAR ?
SOUNDS TO ME THAT THESE PARENTS HAVE THE WRONG KID ON A LEASH !!!!!!!! AS I SAID BEFORE, I AM ENRAGED BY ALL THIS !! THE WRONG GUY IS ON HIS DEATH BED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HiYah!

Hot!

Rocky

UM CHERYL,,, WRONG POST..... THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT BURNING MAN FESTIVAL.... YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT LOSER NICK ....

pope john paul

congrats cheryl, your todays "dumbass of the day" wtg

Corey Haim is HOT

hehehehe

dumbass of the day

congrats Cheryl

:-)

Jibbie

Two of my sons, who are 23 and 32 are at this event this week and so I hope they are safe. They are both college educated and employed in fine jobs, but they enjoy this week at Burning Man because of the "huge community feel" of the group. They have been looking forward to meeting people there from all over the nation.

First Mutha Feefer

I totally think that Nick "Hogan" should be put in jail for his wreckless driving habits. The fact that he lit the man early is a sure sign that he is a psychopath who should be dealt with now before he kills another man.

Get a Clue

CHERYL, PUT ME ON.. QUICK!

Get a Clue

"They are both college educated and employed in fine jobs, but they enjoy this week at Burning Man because of the "huge community feel" of the group.
Posted at 7:12PM on Aug 28th 2007 by Lee

Actually Lee, that "huge community feel" you are talking about that your sons enjoy is a drug induced mass orgy. But whatever makes you sleep at night.

pete

it sounds like you've been going there for many years, simon!

Haley

I don't get it... What is the point? To watch a bunch of sticks shaped as a human burn? Weird and a little sick.

InTwoPlaces

I agree with simon birch,
Lee, I have been there, I guess your kid can claim the "huge community feel", but it's a lot about drugs and sex.
Naked people everywhere and sex wherever you see.

Just a thought....

Get a Clue

I have, with your wife. She says to tell you not to wait up.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments