Jimmy Fallon

Ruins Local Haunt

8/29/2007 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pete's Tavern near Gramercy Park used to be the local joint of New York local joints, exactly the kind of place everyone wants in their neighborhood for a cold pint and warm banter. At least it was, until Jimmy Fallon decided to pimp it out.

Jimmy Fallon
Okay, that's an exaggeration. But still, in a new campaign for NYC & Co., the New York tourist organization, Fallon gives up Pete's address, 129 E. 18th Street, and advises people -- tourists?! -- "Tell them Jimmy sent you." So much for that.

Some edification is supplied by Julianne Moore, who in her spot suggests visitors always keep their baby carriages, and by Robert De Niro, who breaks down what TriBeCa stands for (Triangle Below Canal, if you must know).

pammyb

Nice job jimmy- I live on this block. why not promote some celebutard venue you really hang out in.

me

Jimmy rocks!

Allen Walton

Yay, some restaurant that 98% of American's don't know about just got big publicity.

Excellent.

Vanessa

Awesome! I'll go when I get back to NYC. I'm sure the business wouldn't mind MORE CUSTOMERS. And young girls with money who want to get drunk.

shiny golash

and so?? he's a silly looking bastard...and he's not funny.
and i heard of this place before JF even did this....by some other tabloid mag...
so why is this news???

come on TMZ...gimme more blo-han and brit drama!!!!

j/k
i'm going to bed.

Joe

i went to high school with Jimmy and he is funny as hell.

blabs

Pete's Tavern has been around since 1864. I doubt it needs promotion.

Merry Christmas

I'm sure the business won't be crying when they look at their financial records. You're a business - you want customers - Economics 101.

awesome

Why would you give out a celebrities house adress? That should be against one of his rights.