« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

The Real Upset? Appalachian State's Promo Tape

9/4/2007 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you thought that the Appalachian State University Mountaineers' incredibly dramatic and unprecedented last-second win over the #5-rated Michigan Wolverines was the most shocking thing you've ever seen -- wait'll you see how the school recruited the jocks onto the field!

TMZ is as "proud as a peacock" to resurrect this ASU promotional video from 2004. The word "cheesy" doesn't even begin to describe it! Let us remind you that is the school Miss South Carolina told Matt Lauer she was dying to attend. She'll fit in perfectly.

"Even when it's cold, its hot hot hot."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

momofcnmc

Hmmmmmm!!

Tangie

I was at that game. I am still feeling ill....

chrissy

Don't be hatin'. :)

meg

Go app, it was great to go up there and kick some ass

LeanneMarie

This game made my year, along with many other fellow Buckeyes! Jerry Moore and his Mountaineer team are my heroes! Lloyd Carr should resign now! O-H!

killingtime

Go Mountaineers! More people will remember this weekend's fantastic game than the fact that the not so eloquent Miss South Carolina plans to attend our school - she is definitely not indicative of the caliber of Appalachian students.

Jury of Jerry Colonnas

A small state school deep in the NC mountains . . . what did you expect? Thriller?

They still beat Michigan.

That would be "Miss Teen South Carolina", not "Miss South Carolina"

That would be "Miss Teen South Carolina", not "Miss South Carolina"

James

Give them a break Harvey. So they don't have a major in film production and editing. They can mine coal better than you can.....

Ha Ha Ha

App is still CrApp!!!

And I love that this video has made it's way back to haunt them.

UP, holla!

That video was the subject of much laughter in the Fall 2006 semester of student activities at my university. I don't think there was a day that we didn't watch it or sing it. Cause we're awesome like that.

GeoffreyJamesClark.com

that was sooo totally awesome!

I think it was made in 1984, not 2004.

SexySex!

AAAaaaHaHaHaHaHa!! That's awesome!!! Nothing like a middle-aged choir-sung video to get a bunch of 18 year olds pumped to attend their school! Anyhow, best game EVER! LOL!

in the know

Forget the video, I have first hand experience with the University. The campus is stunning, the women on campus are drop dead gorgeous and the most fit women I have ever seen. The university seems to have more money than God. Every one who visits Boone where it is located wants to stay. Hillbilly redneck it is not. People who attend the university are from all over the country. This is no West Virginia coal mining town. This football team is here to stay. It was no fluke they won. Congrats!

Proud to be South

I sorry is there something wrong with this? I would rather be cheesy than be snobby and a sore loser!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments