MTV Confirms Britney to Perform at VMAs

9/6/2007 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking NewsTMZ has confirmed Brit Brit WILL perform at this year's 2007 Video Music Awards in Las Vegas.

MTV has issued a press release, announcing Britney will open the show by performing her new single "Gimme More."

MTV also confirms TMZ's favorite "magician," Criss Angel, is in on the act as well.

Trainwrecktabulous!

Haha suckers...

I agree, Britney is BIGGER than ever...hahaha! I can't wait for this, I hope Criss Angel makes her disappear for GOOD!

c'mon now

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I'm so happy

onestophot

Give it to us Brit! M

Leigh

Oh those poor producers... they must feel like whoever booked her stuck a stick of dyn-o-mite up their asses and they are pinching their "cheeks" together real tight hoping the show doesn't start out with a REAL explosion... like Brit not showing up or worse!

Clinton

Amy Winehouse, whom I don't really care for, at least got up and sang with only an acoustic guitar to back her up, - because she IS a singer.

Spears, whom I also don't care for, has to lip-sync because ALL her songs are so over-produced that she can't pull it off LIVE (the magic show is just an attempt on her part to divert attention from that, - because she is NOT a singer.

Mikey

WHEN WILL GAY FED BE PERFORMING AS A BACK UP DANCER?

Speedmonkey.net

well it'll be good for site traffic if she bombs... so let's hope she does...

Clinton

I'm tired of feeling embarrassed FOR her, I'm NOT watching her, ANYMORE.

Ms Kris

1. Will this wacko ACTUALLY sing it or mouth it like she did in those performances months ago?

2. Horrible song-but I guess MAYBE easy for her with EASY WORDS & CURSE WORDS IN IT-SHE WOULD KNOW THOSE REAL WELL.

3. Let's see what kind of stunts like kissing woman or snakes around the neck she will do this time

I SAY TO ANYONE WHO IS AT THIS CEREMONY TO BOO HER WHEN SHE GETS ON & LEAVES THE STAGE

Whammer Jammer

Hey #12: Can I have some of the drugs you're on? Obviously, they're pretty good.

who cares

SHES GONNA BLOW IT
MAKE AN ASS OF HERSELF AGAIN N AGAIN

Save Joe Francis

The MTV VMAs have always been known for their humor. With Britney Spears performing this year I think this could be the funniest VMAs ever.

Haha! Check this out. Here's Brit-Brit and K-Fug in happier times, presenting best R&B performer at last years VMAs!

lavern holloway

why don't you be concerned about her well-being instead of putting a dollar in your pocket if
your stop paying her and ignore her, you might help save her life. every one who has made a dollar off of her image will have her blood on their hands. cut her off!!!

lindsay

she is just going to embaraas herself again

I speak da trooph

LOL #12,

Yeah, we'll be watching...watching her make a complete fool of herself. I have never even watched the stupis MTV awards, but you can bet I won't miss this trainwreck. She has proven herself to be a mess up to this point, she won't disappoint...I'm sure!