"Idol" Wannabeen Headlines at SC Balloon Fest

9/7/2007 3:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" reject Bucky Covington got a real boost to his career -- as headliner at -- hold for it -- The Great Southeast Balloon Fest. The wha?
Bucky Covington
TMZ was on scene when Bucky boy blasted his own brand of hot air and spastic dancing for what looks like an audience of dozens of adoring old folks in Anderson, South Carolina. Bucky "performed" before the hot dog eating contest, and just after the wing eating contest. At least he was out in front of other bands like ... Morris Day and the Time! Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh!

When your final 15 minutes of "Idol" fame tick down ... this is where you go. There's always the balloon ride.

Shine

I'm SO glad I don't put any stock in the crappy stories I hear about on this site. I've seen more truth on the Enquirer cover in the grocery line! BUCKY COVINGTON is an entertainer who is wildly popular across many demographics, and gaining more ground fast. Sounds like somebody's jealous, to me. Covington fans know the truth, BUCKY & ROCKY ARE AWESOME!!!

cc

Where do you get off making fun of a town that you have never been in. We have one of the most industrial areas in the nation with companies such as Michelin, BMW, other large named business companies considering our area. We are not a bunch of country people here. We are a multicultural area on the move, but we also enjoy having events that our families can attend and entertainment that everyone can enjoy without wardrobe malfunctions and such. We don't need drugged out celebrities with DUI's and disrupted lives to entertain us. Get a life!!!!!!!!! South Carolina is in the southeast, GET A MAP.

DML

TMZ,

You seem to have "barked up the wrong tree".. Bucky is doing a wonderful job and is about to go on a new tour co headlineing with Jason Michael Carroll. It's called the "Raisin' the bar Tour" and it's gonna kick butt. They have special guests Cole Deggs & The Lonesome band and they are touring for 19 dates together.. from Texas to New York. Gee, I think that's doing pretty well.

So do us a favor and don't go pickin on our Carolina men.. cause look back in country and other music history.. there's alot of great musicians that have come out of the Carolinas.. Maybe TMZ should just stick to HOLLYWEIRD.

DML

angela

I FOR ONE AM A BIG BUCKY & ROCKY FAN HE IS NOT A FAKE LIKE MOST PEOPLE WITH FAME . HE IS DOWN TO EARTH AND YOU CAN RELATE WITH HIM . SO CHECK YOUR PEOPLE OUT BEFORE YOU START PUTTING HIM DOWN . IT IS A DIFFERENT WORLD IS ON TOP OF THE CHARTS IN COUNTRY . I WILL BE SEEINING HIM AGAIN IN A WEEK I HAVE BEEN TO ALOT OF SHOWS AND HE PUTS ON A GREAT SHOW . I LOVE YOU BUCKY AND YOUR TWIN ROCKY , "TWINS ROCK".

Who Cares

Just to let TMZ know they don't know they are talking about - Bucky is scheduled to appear at the Coshocton County Fair in Ohio in October. Guess who else has performed at this little county fair - Garth Brooks, Alabama and numerous other great country stars on the way to successful careers. Any by the way TMZ Ohio is in the northeast!!

Go Bucky

Maria

What horrible comments about Bucky. Seems to me that he is doing great and I hear his songs are on the radio. I guess you are the one who is a loser TMZ for putting him down. Who do you all think you are, talking about him like that? I guess you think you are special. Believe me, people that put others down because they are not famous are the biggest losers of all. Shame on you!!!!! Bucky went on idol to follow his dream. He didnt win....so what.....he is still out there trying. Good for him.....and to hell with TMZ....

David Morris

I am so confused, according to CMT (Country Music Telivision for you people in Rio Linda) Buck Covingtons carreer is blossoming, after he has a hit song on his first country CD "A different world" I was usually impressed with TMZ's reporting skills but you guys are wway off base here. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.. and GO BUCKY

allie

I don't know why TMZ is putting down this balloon festival! Im from the area in SC and its just a lot of fun. thers been a lot of differant performers including Gavin DeGraw a couple years ago so they can stop being so snotty

Joe Shugart

I sure wish TMZ's dad would have worn a balloon!

Ray

Whats even more stranger is Def Leppard playing free at a Wal-Mart grand opening in Fayetteville NC. I use to like Def Leppard til they made such a career move to play Wal-Mart.

lisa

Bucky was in SC because he just played the House of Blues...I think it's nice when people play the smaller venues.

PattiPeppermint

I'm from upstate SC near Anderson, and y'all are just jealous 'cos we're having so much fun!

Marle Becker

BUCKY HAS NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF. HE'S GOT TALENT AND HE'S PUTTING IT TO GOOD USE. ITS NO CRIME FOR A SINGER TO APPEAR, TO BE WORKING. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR TRYING TO EMBARRASS HIM; LET'S BUILD PEOPLE UP INSTEAD OF TEARING THEM DOWN. ITS NO WONDER SHOW BIZ IS A PROFESSION WITH A LOT OF HEARTACHE WHEN THE PRESS TEARS PEOPLE UP LIKE YOU DO. LET THE PUBLIC DECIDE WHO THEY WANT TO SEE AND STOP MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE WHO PURSUE THEIR DREAMS. PEOPLE HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE - I HOPE IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE BUCKY IS THUMBING HIS NOSE AT YOU PEOPLE AND MAKING BIG BUCKS. YOU GO, BUCKY!!!!!

Becky

TMZ is clearly uninformed or ignorant regarding Bucky Covington's talent. They simply have not done their home work in regard to Bucky's path to success. Yes, he started on idol as a country singer and millions of people voted for him. Like other new artists he is working hard to build up his fan base... and yes, he will perform any where and every where as his does this (very wise of him). Bucky did not have the benefit of personal trainers (for body or voice) growing up... yet, he has mastered a wonderful sound all his own (just look at record sales for "A Different World - his very first single).

I've seen Bucky's schedule (I keep an eye on it so I will know when he will return to my town), it is not for the weak or lazy. This is not an easy life for him or his family, but he's doing it and continues build his fan base. I have seen Bucky perform... he was excellent and I look forward to seeing/hearing him again. The good news is that his fan base is growing. TMZ should check out Buck's record sales for "A Different World" and keep an eye on the sales for Bucky's 2nd record release of "It's Good To Be Us"... I've heard this song and think it's terrific.

TMZ's comments reflect how immature and and weak minded they are... very shallow comments on their part.

TMZ should be ashamed for bashing someone as they are working (succesfully) to build their career in this very difficult field.

Zil

At least I don't get the creeps watching Bucky like I do watching Clay Aiken.