Keith Urban Blames Paps for Motorcycle Crash

10/1/2007 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Singer Keith Urban was involved in a minor motorcycle accident Monday morning in Sydney, Australia -- and he's hopping mad at paparazzi who he says caused the smash-up!

Witnesses told the Daily Telegraph they saw Urban riding his bike near his home, when he lost control and fell off. The witnesses claim they saw a photographer following Urban on another bike.

When asked about the crash, Urban, through his rep, issued the following statement to TMZ:

"Today's incident was the result of one person's desire to do his job and my desire to maintain my privacy. Some have already attempted to inflate the facts, but the reality is this; while out riding to an AA meeting, a time when my privacy is especially important to me, I felt myself being pursued. I sped up, and in an effort to elude an oncoming car, which was making an illegal U-turn, saw no choice but to drop my bike. In actual fact, my pursuer came to my assistance, without taking photos, and helped me from the road. I returned home, got my car, and continued on my way."

Desease control

bored with nicole?

rachel

Ha Ha!

He was drunk!!!!

Staff

Celeb BMWs for sale at www.BMWMotorSportClub.com !!

LMAO

Just because you have tat's doesn't make you a biker. More like a bozo...

amy

Thank Goodness he did not hurt that pretty face. I love him, can't wait to see him in concert.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

If you are incapable of handling a bit of distraction while riding a bike, stick to the bus. Or, better yet, have your ball breaker of a wife drive you to the bar.

You are not entitled to SPEED in traffic, regardless of the reason or level of your fame. Not only could you kill yourself but other people's lives are at stake as well. Stop being a selfish brat.

kris

While I understand that being celebrity does not give you the right to SPEED up...the right to privacy while on your way to an AAA MEETING would make do the same. For God's sake the paps are going to KILL somebody one of these days...why we can't we all back off and READ A BOOK...

annoyed

Looks like he's drooling on himself. Somebody pass the dude a napkin.

AM NOT YOUR BITCH, BITCH.

Hey give him a break - he just happen to fall off the wagon. . . . . . AGAIN

Giggles

Now, now...we don't know if he was drunk or not, but we do know that the paps can be ridiculously overzealous trying to take a stupid photo.

hell with them all

All the famous or so called famous can do what they feel like. If anyone of us tries to do any of their crap we would be locked up and the key thrown away. Thank god I am not famous so I have to follow the law.

shelley

I am soooo glad he was not hurt. Keith you do deserve private time.

FrankTheCrank

Keith who?

who the hell is this guy?

SierraLove

Every one of you don't know the kind of guy Keith Urban is evidentally. Because he's not a selfish brat. He's just another person just like you and me. Just because he gets into a motorcycle crash it gives you the right to bash him? You my friends are the iggnorant ones and are just jealous because he's on top and ya'll aren't nothin. Tats don't make a biker a biker..but having bikes and riding them does. Maybe you should look that one up. News flash, leave the guy alone!

Beatles

Sort of like Princess Diana - all over again.

But it is great to hear that the photographer came to the rescue - AND DID NOT USE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE PICTURES

That would have been about as low as anyone could go !!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments