Dan Rather Video

10/4/2007 7:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

COMMENTS

Eye Doctor

The kind of hostility people can generate and spew over issues and people they don't get is astonishing, really. Gotta be with what's cool or not cool, hot or not hot forever chic! Stupid high school rules.

This knocking people and dissing thing is just mindless sport, right?

CT

This is awesome, and Dan Rather is the effing man!!!

First of all... he seems SO EASYGOING! I was actually incredibly impressed by his professionalism.

Second of all... I have (unfortunately) worked with many radio & TV personalities who talk on air live, and they are NOT this easy going at all. If any of the radio or TV types I worked for were actually nice human beings like Dan Rather, I'd probably still be working there!

Third of all... any other TV host would have been FROTHING at the mouth at the prospect of doing a broadcast outside, and I know I personally would have raised hell, but Dan Rather was so calm about it, and really took the suggestions of his producers in good nature.

I miss Dan :-(

Sander

I agree with Khara..my first thought this must be a CBS attempt to make Dan look silly and embarrass him. Dan seemed professional and good natured. I hope he gets every penny he is suing for!

CT

Are you all brain dead? It was friggin' freezing outside, and he was about to do a news cast!!! Of course he was doing that weird thing with his mouth. The wind was probably making his mouth dry, and on top of that, stretching your mouth is a part of a set of exercises that "actors" do before performing. We do jaw exercises, face massages, vocal warmups, and tongue twisters.

I just don't think that most of you understand what it means to put on a broadcast. There's a LOT that goes into it, and you'd all be fools to think that.

One person made a comment that: "gibson, rather, williams and even couric would not have gone on and on and on and on about the coat."

You're right... they wouldn't have. They would have gone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the coat. Katie Couric is THE most primped in national news. Period.

Stop being so naive.

Terry

# 25 by Democrats are evil

The only evil I see on this "celebrity gossip site" is you.
I'm not obligated to any party but I do know if I were this would not be the place to throw rigid old darts, Shows lack of thought process to find a appropriate meaningful location to express thoughts on politics.

Terry

He has drinkers mouth.

Lori

Come one guys, Dan was simply being professional and being polite while everyone around him was setting up everything they needed done. Why on earth do you make fun of something like this. Grow up. You guys are so nasty anymore. Wow.

Justin is Calling

No wonder everyone considers this guy a fraud and an empty talking head.

He's more worried about his hair than the story.

Piper

"4. Yes, folks, this is what really happens in film and TV. This is not out of the ordinary in the industry. Plus Rather is not berating anyone or being obnoxious like many of the individuals seen on this website. Once again, another attempt to make something out of nothing.

Posted at 10:17PM on Oct 4th 2007 by JUST THE FACTS"

************************************************************************************************

BUMP!

I've quoted this post as it should be seen on every page.

Well said JUST THE FACTS. So refreshing to read a mature, honest and intelligent reply. *applauds*

Holly

Dan Rather seems like a nice man. I always thought he was a good guy. Sure he's a little stuck on how the coat looks, etc., but he seems very pleasant about the whole thing. No big deal, IMO.

Crudowns

I dunno about everyone else, but I found this strangley amusing...how incessantly neurotic he is about the "coat vs. no-coat"...LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

kelly

Aww, I don't think there's anything wrong with this at all. It's part of his job. He was trying to do the best broadcast he could do, and that includes having a good image. He seemed like he was nice and polite to the people he was working with, so this clip actually makes me think better of him because I always thought he seemed rather cold and reserved.

I put a little bit of thought into what I look like too, and I'm not even on TV being seen by millions of people -- most of whom are probably ready to criticize people for the least little thing. (As seen here.)

Sharona

Well help me......was the coat on or off......collar up or down?

FlowerGirl

I like the collar up.

IFORGET

It's the tooth sucking noises that get me. Men out there, don't do that tongue-over- the -front-teeth-sucking-noise! It's GROSSSSSSSSS.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments