Steve-O: Naked Jackass Protects Animals

10/16/2007 8:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steve-O is the new, er, face of PETA. The jackass is taking it all off, again, but this time it's for a cause.
Steve-O
In the new PETA ad, which will be revealed today during L.A.'s fashion week, Steve-O is getting cheeky. The ad claims he'd rather go naked than wear fur, but in all probability, he'd just rather go naked anyway.

It doesn't take a genius to know that animal cruelty is wrong, and this ad proves it.

Jakthelad

You go Steve. Great ad and what a cute bum! I'll never buy fur again!

Ceyllynn

i will not support the PETA, especially when they use a guy from jackass

besides, being vegan etall might be great in nice warm places like S Cali... but useless and harmfull in the great white north

notajackass

GOOD, 'cause fur would rather go naked than be on you

tmz shut UP already!!

Enough is Enough. This campaign "i'd rather go naked, than wear fur" needs some serious revision. I believe that "Peta" are against the use of animal skin in any garment. If you think carefully, its saying "i'd rather significantly increase the likelihood of being sexually assaulted than wear God given resources"

I understand the objective of the campaign, but change the slogan. Its unethical in itself!

Meechimon

I would rather wear a fur coat than freeze me butt off. PETA kills more animals than it saves.

From July 1998 through the end of 2005, PETA killed over 14,400 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day.

Steve-O is just trying to get laid

OCD

Gee, I wonder if all of those celebs only wear rubber tennis shoes or Crocs.

Did they ever think that the soles on their Jimmy Choo's or their Bruno Magli's or those really expensive purses are made from HIDES? Leather hides. That used to be attached to a critter. Yeah.

Cows have feelings, too.

Kill more chickins. Wear feathers.

Erika

Mmmmm... makes me feel like eating a steak and wearing a fur coat.

Merry Christmas

Well, at least the jackass is promoting a jackass group. Seems reasonable. PETA stinks!

Go Away

You mean to tell me that NONE these peaople own any leather??? Not shoes? Not Handbags? No leather seats in their luxury cars? What a buch of hypocritcal aholes!

kellie

you forgot Ron Jeremy's Peta Ad ...

OCD

PETA thinks that only SOME animals should be protected. If it is convenient or preferable for PETA backers to have leather car seats, they don't understand why we would give them the stink eye for being hypocritical.

Or maybe PETA thinks that animals that are farmed for their fur should be protected. How about all of the other animals whose fur is a by-product.

Is it better to eat the meat and toss the fur, or, since minks and cows are both farmed, is it better to utilize most everything, since the animal gave up it's life anyway? I can guarantee you that there is not one single animal who is going to care (after it is dead, obviously) whether you kill it for its fur or you kill it for its meat or you kill it for both. That critter is still gonna be dead.

bw

At least they could have used someone who has a nice ass. Not FLAT. He needs to do some squats or something. There are plenty of vegetarians who have slammn bodies that are more interesting than this lame choice. Big disappointment PETA!

Lexi

I don't like PETA. I am not opposed to their anti-fur campaign, but they promote dog breed specific legislation. If you don't know what that is, it is where communities outlaw specific breeds of dogs like Rotties, German shephards, Akitas, Pit Bulls and Dobies. They do not judge on a dog by dog basis, but on the general breed of dog. In some places it is illegal to own certain breeds of dogs. That is just wrong. Do you know what they do when they confiscate those breeds? They put the animal down. Thats right, kill them. All of them. They don't try to find homes in other places where it is legal to own one of those breeds. Hows that for ethical? PETA sounds good in theory, but do your homework and you will see that they put down more than 60% of the animals they rescue. If you want to support something, support your local humane society. If you own a breed of dog that is a target for BSL then support your breed rescue programs. If you are going to get a breed I listed then PLEASE make sure it is legal in your community.

As for Steve-O's behind... you can see more of it on the show than you can see here with the star.

whydoicare

SAY NO TO FUR! Shave your legs Steve-O!

Cartman

I'm convinced! I'm buying a fur coat to show my support of animals!

Think I'll have some veal for lunch too.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals