Alleged Ellen Dognapper Files Police Report

10/17/2007 4:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Marina Baktis, the dog rescue woman at the center of the Ellen DeGeneres scandal, filed a police report yesterday because she is being harassed for her role in the ordeal.
View the docs
Baktis, along with business partner Vanessa Chekroun, runs the Mutts and Moms agency from which Ellen DeGeneres adopted her dog. Ellen then was unable to keep the dog, so she gave it to her hairdresser Cheryl's family, which includes her 12-year-old daughter Ruby. Baktis told "Access Hollywood" yesterday that they've begun receiving death threats. "My life is being threatened, this is horrible. I rescue dogs. I can't believe this."

Baktis filed the report with the Pasadena Police Department last night.

mimicoco

I really like Ellen but she broke the rules. She should have tried to work it out with the group in an adult manner instead of blathering away on her show. If the group had let her violate the contract, half of you would be screaming that she got preferential treatment because she is a celebrity. And I think it is pretty sanctimonius of some people who never get their as**es out of their chairs to criticize people who devote their lives to a charity.

JG

Hey Christina- excellent point!!!

PHilton

I saw a dog one time lift a car with just his teeth....

Reine

Ellen found a good home for her dog & that should be the end of the story. The agency is just plain nuts.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! :)))))
Y cant we all just get along? ;)))

ME

Patrick-you're not my friend. Just because I side with the dog rescue woman over Ellen who's totally made a mountain out of a molehill by going on tv doesn't make me wrong.

Patrick

AMEN COLLEEN!

nonaurbiz

2. Which one is the dog?

Posted at 1:27PM on Oct 17th 2007 by PHilton

The dog is the one without the glasses I think. (looks again) Yep the dog is the cute one. The mutt us the one carrying the dog.

jf

Mutts and NUTS, Do the right thing and give the dog back. Enough is enough. You've received your free publicity and 15 minutes of fame.

MANSLUTPIG

I have a simple resolution shoot and kill iggy the dog, problem solved.

PHilton

One time....I watched a dog karate chop a man with one hit...true story

Toria

They should have simply let the child keep the dog. It's only a dog, not a child for God's sake! This whole situation is stupid to say the least. Yes, Ellen should have notified them she gave the dog away. But once she did that, they should have verified the dog was in a loving home and then moved on. Ellen gave them plenty of money to have the right to do whatever she wanted with the dog. I guess now they can sell the dog as being previously owned by Ellen and get a lot of money for it. What a scam that would be.

Sharona

I am just wondering why the dog is carrying you ?

ME

Wow, die! Maybe the colon cancer will skip her and jump to you. Hey, you never know.

The Monkey Zone

We here at TMZ have taken a straw poll:

Women say: Ellen clearly broke the rules and must buy girl new dog.

Lezbians say: Ellen was acting out of kindness, has apologized on national television so the dog must be given back.

PETA say: Ellen was wrong but dog should not be taken away from little girl

Men say: duhhhh, I think Ellen should do it with Ms. Buttkis....