Woman Says -- Copperfield Creeped Me Out

10/25/2007 5:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An Atlanta woman went on camera with TMZ TV and said David Copperfield made a move on her during his Vegas show, just days before the FBI raided his Vegas warehouse and seized digital camera equipment and a computer hard drive.

The woman -- Amanda from Atlanta -- says Copperfield's people singled her out before the show and "marked" her for David to invite her onstage during the performance. Afterward, Amanda, who was wearing an extremely short dress, says David wanted to meet her backstage, where she was escorted by one of his assistants.

As TMZ first reported, sources say Copperfield has used his show to "pick up women," targeting them in the audience, bringing them backstage after the show, taking their pictures with a digital camera, and then interviewing them on the things they liked. In particular, we're told the women were asked if they liked the Bahamas -- Copperfield owns a series of islands there.

The investigation was triggered by a Seattle woman who claims Copperfield sexually assaulted her in the Bahamas. Copperfield denies any wrongdoing.

Other women have written on the TMZ message board, recounting experiences where Copperfield allegedly hit on them during his shows.

To hear Amanda's story and the tales of other women, watch TMZ tonight. Check your local listings.

Curtis

This is Las Vegas, don't go if you don't want to be picked up. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas means just that. You young half dressed girls go there inticing the men, hoping for what is unknown, THEN WHEN THEY TAKE YOU UP ON THE INTICEMENT, YOU HOLLAR RAPE.. Stay home, go some where else. We like our town people like you give it a bad name!!STAY AWAY!!!!

FIFTHROW

SO WHAT EXACTLY DID HE DO WRONG BY USING HIS SHOW TO ASK HOTTIES BACK STAGE? WHAT STRAIGHT MAN WOULDNT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION HES IN. I KNOW FOR SURE I WOULD SINGLE OUT THE CUTE ONES AND INVITE THEM BACK STAGE. AND FOR THE WOMEN THAT WENT TO THE BAHAMAS WITH HIM WHAT DID SHE THINK HE WANTED TO GO THERE TO PLAY PINOCHLE WITH HIM HELL NO.. A TRIP TO THE BAHAMAS AS FRIENDS YEAH RIGHT

David Copperfield

She is but one piece of my illusion. Basically, the SKANK is being used for mis-direction, while I bust a move on her good looking friend. ;-)

Melissa

To # 42...

haha

who the hell is going to believe you? I know I don't.

girltalk

Ditto to #48.

Leela

What exactly does the length of her dress have to do with anything?? Come on, wake up and smell the 21st century. That kind of information has nothing to do with this kind of investigation and everyone knows it. Sure it may look trashy, so are a lot of other wardrobe choices but that has nothing whatsoever to do with how a man behaves himself. I have no opinion one way or the other on whether these allegations are true because I don't know but TMZ should know better than to mention that she was wearing a very short dress. So what?

Say what??

God, she looks slutty. More like, she saw an opportunity to splash her pics all over the Net and get a bit of publicity for herself.

deelicious

Her reality tv show will be on MTV soon.

T-Fed

Did anyone get creeped out by #48 ?? Kinda sounds like a child preditor who got busted on Dateline NBC....hhmmmm

TMZ-er

Seriously? What is she worried about? She's BUTT!!!!!

tba

Nice journalism TMZ....NOT! You're living up to your extreme yellow journalism image. There's a big difference between hitting on someone and raping them. Keep up the lousy work!

TONY NY

She wants attention real bad............She wants MONEY too.

deelicious

I also love how TMZ wrote, " Other women have written on the TMZ message board recounting their experiences where Copperfield allegely hit on them during his shows". Apparetnly TMZ believes that what a bunch of annoymous people write on a message board must be true????

Christy M

I agree with # 47.. # 42 yea I dont think so..... And correct me I maybe wrng but I thought his show was 21 and over I know it was when I went (for Miss #42).... I had acutally won my tickets at the MGM and got chance to meet David Copperfield he was so nice...... And if you are going to dress like a whore your gonna be treated like one!!! Don't be so damn stupid!

Ida Clair

If you can use your fame to pick up chicks, what's the point?