Dog Leashed -- A&E Pulls "Bounty Hunter"

11/2/2007 6:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Things keep getting worse for America's favorite bounty hunter, just days after a taped hate-filled tirade was released.

A&E has now pulled "Dog the Bounty Hunter" from the air indefinitely. "In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take `Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," the network said in a statement Friday. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."

Officials for the network said the series, one of the network's top-rated programs, has not been canceled. Yet.

mom

My husband is black and we had a talk about this last night, and what suprised me was he wasn't upset by what Chapman said. He felt and so do I that this was a private conversation and that how many of us have used racial, sexist etc... comments whan discussing other people? Most people are guilty of this, including my husband. He never uses that word himself, we both find it offensive, but we think Chapman was just caught up in the moment.

Bo

Everyone blaming A&E needs to get a clue. There's no way they can continue the show. What sponsers do you think would pay to advertise on the show now? The KKK?

Rockin

To all the brothers and sistas out there who are calling this racist........you all think it's ok for a black to use the N word...but not whites.......then you wonder why there is racisim out there....either deal with the fact that this country is based on free speech....or shut the hell up.......do you ever stop to think where you would be if your ancesters were never brought over to America in the 1st place?....no bling...no crappy rap albums....the past is history.....leave it there...you're the only ones who keep it going

noitall

***************** SON, THY NAME IS JUDASS !!!!! *****************

DOG MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING AWFULLY "wrong" TO HIS KID TO BE TURNED ON LIKE THIS. OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!

just wondering

..OCD...this is a tad off topic here..but curious and thought i would ask u anyways..any comments on # 35 on the " oj the worst criminal ever " posting?...maybe I shoudln't be asking u this..but thought I would give it a shot...

rudewaitress

It's about time that white-trash piece of garbage TV was pulled from the airwaves. No wonder so many kids these days are so soft in the brain...it's from watching pure, unadulterated junk like that. Good riddance. I thought A&E had more class than that anyway.

somebody

To er is human. To forgive, divine.

Island Girl

Thank goodness they did the right and just thing. I was a rabid (exaggerating and joking) fan and worked hard for them when Mexico was being so unjust but no more. They are very good for bounty hunting and have a good income from that. I won't even watch their reruns if some tv network gambles on them in the future.

TMZ's 15 minutes are coming to an end.

Suggested reading: George Orwell's '1984'

When I have heard of someone 'needing' 'healing' after having said negative and unacceptable things about another race or group recently - it is said that they need 'healing' or 'rehab' - sounds like we could be moving close to the 'thought police' state - to me.

Scary.

cha cha

i hate sounding so original....but WHO CARES!! ps, who watches A&E?

babblepfish

GOOD! I hope it's permanent.

Trace

Mark,

You DON'T see a PROBLEM WITH AN EMPLOYER TELLING AN EMPLOYEE or HIS SON (IN THE YEAR 2007) that if he CONTINUES to SEE A N&&^%^%%% that HE HAS NO JOB!!!!!

He had NO ISSUES WITH HER CHARACTER just her SKIN COLOR!!!

LT Dan

SO GLAD THEY CANCELED IT! Good bye trailer trolls.
How long till Dog gets busted for hittin the pipe? How long till two butts files for divorce?
Guess your in my world now Da-hog! Your ballroom days are over, night is drawing near, shadows of what might have been, drawn across the years!

Consuela bananahammock

I think someone needs to smack his son upside the head. What a self centered ass to do that to his own dad. I think the little prick (the son) should be sued for slander. I know what Dog said wasn't right but it was a private converstation between him and his son and the little jerk shouldn't have recorded it in the first place. Wasn't the recording done illegally anyway?

I am sure a lot of us say stuff in private we wouldn't like the rest of the world to hear, no one is perfect!

MARION

#46 reality check... i agree. That was private... heat of the moment... it was Family.
We have all had "moments"...of some kind.