Wrestling Legend

Fabulous Moolah Dies

11/3/2007 2:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fabulous MoolahThe most famous and recognized woman wrestler, Fabulous Moolah, passed away last night in South Carolina, the WWE announced today. She was 84.

Born Lillian Ellison, the WWE says that she "was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter." She even held the title as recently as 1999, becoming the oldest champion in the history of wrestling.

She was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame back in 1995, the first female wrestler to receive the honor.

Cena Fan

Sad news. I just wish the women of wrestling wouldn't be like they are and be a lot more like you. You will be missed RIP

Miko

I just recevied this information and it is really heart breaking. I'm a 31year old woman and been watching wrestling all my life,I grew up watching Moolah and seem like she was part of my family,so my respects go out her family and all fans.

Bob A.

The Statue of Liberty has fallen. There will never be another like THE FABULOUS MOOLAH!
Dieing after shoulder surgery, I'll bet that had all gone well, she would have been back in the ring again.
Rest in Peace, and God's blessings to your family and friends.
Perhaps on her grave stone it should say 'And she did it all without steroids!'
You will be missed.

Lazaro

Oh man! RIP Mollah. All of us wrestling fans will miss you

K

An all-time great! RIP Moolah

wish i had her money and my sense

Thanks for the memories Moolah. You will be greatly missed.

sum fan

i dont know why this is here?? somebody in the tmz crew is obviously a wrestling fan but im glad it is she was an all time great and lived a story book life she will be missed by all wrestling fans and will never be forgotten r.i.p

breezy

She'll be sadly missed after many years of great entertainment. R.I.P.

Hop Off

That's such a shame. Rest in peace, Moolah.

Mark

She will be missed.

Michelle

who?

patsy stone

RIP --- With a heavy heart a great era and a piece of history will be missed......

Dean Martin

The Fabulous Moolah was the greatest!! LiLL wrestled into her 70's.
One of her last maches was against the Accolites, Farouk and Bradshaw.
She could still take a fall with the best of them.

katie

rip.

T

RIP Moolah.. from a huge fan of you and wrestling. You made a huge impact w/ women in wrestling. You will be missed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments