Britney's "Blackout" Not a Wipeout

11/6/2007 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

And now for some Britney Spears news that doesn't involve a trampled foot, a trampy weave, or lost children.

FOX News' Roger Friedman
reports that Brit's album, "Blackout," will actually finish at the top of the album charts in its first week, with about 325,000 units sold. A modicum of good news, yes, but not quite as good as her last disc, "In the Zone," which did 609,000 out of the gate. Just to compare, "American Idol" also-ran Chris Daughtry did about 309,000 in his first week.

Though "Gimme More" has inexplicably been getting pretty good radio play, it's unclear what single will come next -- and whether it can generate any ensuing buzz for the album.

Rosie – Keeping the Channel Open?

Rosie O'Donnell supposedly spilled the beans about her new MSNBC talk show recently -- but she's been uncharacteristically cagey on her favorite soapbox -- her blog -- about the news.

Last night, after the story broke wide, Rosie had little to say on Rosie.com, and took no questions from fans about the rumors. But she did post a quote from dance legend Martha Graham, which included such koans as, "You have to keep open and aware directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open ... There is no satisfaction whatever at any time."

The New York Post reports that the network and Rosie are far away from a deal. Wonder how Donald Trump will feel about being part of the same TV family as Ro?

Stella's Shocking One-Legged Pendant

Stella McCartney -- daughter of Paul, former step-daughter of Heather Mills -- is making her stance on her dad's divorce battle pretty clear.

Page Six says that fashion designer Stella has come out with a new jewelry line, and one of her first pieces is a "single-leg pendant." (Heather, of course, has one prosthetic lower leg.) This is in response, perhaps, to Mills telling whomever would listen that Stella did "evil, evil things" to her.

Party Favors: "Top Chef's" Ilan Gets Some Revenge? ... Posh Has to Bulk Up for Tour

TMZ spotted "Top Chef" winner Ilan Hall getting to turn the tables last night on Craftsteak's Tom Colicchio and WD-50's Wylie Dufresne -- superchefs who critiqued his culinary skills on the show -- at New York magazine's Taste of New York, where he and others sampled their smoked sirloin and popcorn soup, among a profusion of culinary delights. No word on whether he suffered any Quickfire Challenge flashbacks. ... Victoria Beckham has been ordered, say the London tabs, to bulk up on brown rice and spinach for the new tour. Organizers are worried that Skeletal Spice might not be able to handle the rigors of a tour.

ME

Gimme less - WELL SAID!!!

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

heres the deal folks

older people (i.e. eagles fans) are far more likely to buy a physical CD than a downloaded version. FAR more likely

I think its soo funny - all the haters getting so angry that her CD is doing well. I don't get it, did she do something to you personally that has you so irate about it? I'm no fan but someone elses success does not threaten me. I don't think she's done anything so horrible that would cause her to 'deserve" miserable failure either.

ME

JUST READ BRIT BRIT BOUGHT 300,000 COPIES HERESELF LOL!!

ME

"so what" I guess you don't read the news????

ME

SHE IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER MESS!!! with all the money she has she dresses like the trailer trash she really is - I guess money can't buy taste!!!

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

yeah i'm suuuuuuuure you are an angel "only me" right.

see I don't care. obviously you do. so your stupid little barb makes no difference to me.

so funny!

ME

AS A MATTER OF FACT YES I AM AN ANGEL!!! and i now right from wrong - and she IS VERY WRONG THE WAY SHE BEHAVES!!!!!!!!

ME

If you don't care - why comment? why be on here?

nancy

BLACKOUT WILL SELL MILLIONS AND EVEN WHEN SHE HAS GREAT NEWS - YOU ARE STILL SO FREAKIN MEAN IT IS UNBELIEVEABLE. BUT WHAT'S FUNNY IS THAT EVERYONE THINKS TMZ IS CRAP AND LOVES BRITNEY SO UP YOURS

Mike

It's number one because it's an awesome album. Forget about her personal life! It's about the music and this album is one-HOT modern pop/dance album!!! :)

By the way, TMZ- the next single is

BREAK THE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME

Keep on Dreaming Winkle - you're under an illusion - shouldn't you be in school???

ME

IF TMZ IS CRAP WHY AE YOU HERE??? lol!!

MISS SWEET D

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF THE MCCARTNEY MESS I JUST WISH THEY WOULD ALL GO AWAY , YES INCLUDING PAUL. HIS DAUGHTER IS RICH IN HER OWN RIGHT YET SHE IS A VISCIOUS HATEFUL PERSON JUST LIKE HER DAD, AS FOR HEATHER SHE NEEDS TO TAKE THE MILLONS OFFERED TO HER AND GET TO STEPPING. AS FOR STELLA IT IS A DAMN SHAME THAT HER EVILNESS IS TO MAKE FUN FUN OF SOMEONE ELSES DEFORMITY. GUESS SHE GETS IT FROM DEAR OLD DAD.

Boycot all Jesses Business

GO STELLA ! I want one too. Where can we get one TMZ? Smart girl to make a little money off Muccas crazy behaviour.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

Perhaps Stella would be so nice to give her pendants to the disfigured soliders returning from Iraq. Lets see how funny her little joke is then.

Yes Britney is a mess personally but that has nothing to do with her career. I don't invite my bosses or my customers into my private world.

But like I said, I really don't care, I just think it is sooo funny how much some of you care.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments