Dog's Apology Tour: Barking Up the CNN Tree

11/8/2007 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Duane Dog Chapman continued his tour of contrition last night -- pleading for forgiveness on "Larry King Live," one night after doing the same on "Hannity & Colmes."

During the hour-long conversation, Dog tried his best to keep the apologies coming, at one point he even started to whimper when talking about his wife Beth's reaction to the shameful situation.

TMZ caught Chapman on his way out the door where he gave our camera a message to his fans -- "Please forgive me."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

t.k.v.f.

It's amazing.. He even explained that he doesn't mean it in a hateful way.. or in the way most people choose 2 take it.. He apologized.. Move on.. I know so many black people.. African Americans, whatever that have been called that & said.. Who cares.. I know what it means.. It has more than one meaning.. White people can be the same thing.. Most people in my area believe that any1 of any race or whatever can b called that.. We have allowed America 2 forget the foundation.. Now we are a bunch of sissies.. There r more important things 2 talk about & get upset about.. The government, poverty, gang violence, pedophiles.. Lets talk about that..

DICOVE

PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES I forgive you Dog, I like everyone out there IAM NOT PERFECT , HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT THE MAN TO APPOLIGIZE, CAN YOU ALL REMEMBER THE GOOD THAT HE DOES ALSO, TELL ME TRUTHFULLY THAT YOU HAVE NEVER SAID SOMETHING OUT OF ANGER BY MISTAKE OR THAT YOU DID NOT MEAN AND REGRET IT LATER, UNFORTUNATELY STARS ARE IN THE SPOTLIGHT AND WE LOVE TO SEE THEM SCREW UP, PEOPLE HE MADE A MISTAKE AND APPOLIGIZED, ACCEPT IT OR NOT, BUT LEAVE HIM ALONE, HE IS A FAITHFUL MAN AND WILL MAKE HIS OWN PEACE WITH HIS GOD

big fan

Come on. He has made his apologies. He has a hugely entertaining show-no one is forced to watch it, if you are offended by his choice of words just don't watch it but don't spoil it for the rest of us.

big fan

In my opinion if we would all stop and think..............whites use the term "white trash" to refer to trashy white people-I thought the n word referring to trash black people was the same thing-no more deragatory than white trash. I think that is the way the majority of people construe it. Don't make a mockery of America making the guy grovel in apology in what should have been a private conversation. The son is the one who should be groveling for forgiveness!

big fan

When is A&E going to wise up and bring him back? We all enjoy the show. I have spent plenty ordering DVD's, the book and T shirts. Come on, what a way to heal a racial rift!

Lindsay

So black people can say anything they want about white people and not suffer the consequences; why should an icon be demoralized for something he said in a private conversation with his worthless son? You people who think the n word is so bad, get a life! You people use it all the freaking time.

Hansbugs

I use to be a fan of Dog but I realize now what a big phony he is. Maybe he does belong in a Mexican Prison

Tambrozo

Ya know...this was a private conversation. His son, who did his time easy as he got money on his books regularly and weekly calls home, SOLD this call to the Enquirer. Do I approve of what Dog said? Hell No! Do I understand being a parent at wit's end over a childs behavior? Hell yes! Do I think Dog is a true racist? No. Do I think he has rage and anger management issues, oh yeah buddy, I do! Do I think he and his family should suffer unduly for his regrettable actions? Not really. I think he has been punished enough.

We do not use the N word here, as we have black in our blood and my son's father is black. Have we had to face people saying the most rediculous things right to our face, all of the time...yup. He has Hispanic and Samoan inlaws. I think he simply does not like the girl his son was dating and they were at a wr over it. I think it was a desperately lame attempt to get his son to stay away from a girl he deemed as trouble. I believe he and Dog had been arguing over every little thing since his son;s release and Dog was trying to manipulate. I also think his son was pissed because Dog did not get him out of jail to begin with and this was his payback.

SID-MAN, Defender-Of-The-Underdog

Duane, you have been exposed. Your ex-wife and family have confirmed it. You are just white trailor trash and you wife has a nasty mouth; is it that nasty in the bed room. Get over it, you are a no good white man, now move on. SID-MAN

Mac

Dog can go crawl back under the rock he crawled out from. The way he treated his son firing him without being sure what was really said and cause he is with a black girl and to do it by telephone instead of face to face is really low. Then he gets on tv groveling and crying but his son is nothing but an afterthought and he should have been crying about how terrible he treated his son. Dog is really a dog in my opinion.

Tiffany

Dog has been FINALLY shown to be the true hypocrite that he is. He claims to be a Christian, however, he lies, swears, is a bigot, and just doesn't act like one. His career in TV is OVER!!!! I couldn't be happier about that bigot getting what he deserves!!!

Lenn K.

I still think it more about damage control than anything. I do forgive the Dog, but the way he said some of that stuff was soooo hateful and cruel. His words, I won't give up 30 years rings in my ears!!

grace

He said Black America has forgivin him more than White America has.
Duane... you didn't get the memo? Black America has not forgiven you. You are an exposed racist. Why would we forgive a racist?
It is convenient for you to tear up and ask for forgiveness after you have been caught, and see your wealth dissappear overnight.
You let everyone see who you really are.
You need therapy. Not forgiveness.

rjinchi

Damaged control in full force. Loose the "tool cool" attitude. Sorry, "bro" - your done.

MH

He looks really bad like he is aging fast. I don't really care either way on this issue but racist thoughts enter everyones mind at some point. He was caught and has to deal with it.

Regards