Brit Lawyer Hauled to Court for Red Light Run

11/14/2007 9:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lawyers for Britney Spears and Kevin Federline will be heading back to court -- again -- on Friday, for an emergency session about Brit's bolting through a red light at a busy intersection.

People reports that the Friday hearing was requested by K-Fed lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan, who contacted TMZ about subpoenaing our story, with video showing Brit blowing through the intersection at Mulholland Drive and Coldwater Canyon. Sorrell Trope, one of Brit's attorneys, explains that she was "distracted" and that "this was not blatant irresponsible driving on her part."

Yesterday, TMZ reported that Britney plans to explain that her flunked drug test was caused by her asthma inhaler.

Bon Jovi – Slippery When Governor?

Jon Bon Jovi could have designs on being New Jersey's governor, reports Page Six, explaining why he's kept his Jersey home even though he's moved to NYC.

Bon Jovi has been performing regularly at fundraisers for Dems like Al Gore and John Kerry, and he's hired Ken Sunshine, the PR legend who was once Chief of Staff for ex-Mayor David Dinkins. But he won't fess up to any interest in office. "John has been approached many times about running for office. His day job is going too well, and this way he can keep the house."

Party Favors: O.J. Publisher Sues for $100 Mil ... Greasy Literally Too Greasy for Hair Salon

Judith Regan, the woman who planned to publish O.J. Simpson's book, is suing her former employer, HarperCollins Publishers, for $100 million -- alleging that parent company News Corp. asked her to lie to the feds about her ex-lover, Bernard Kerik. ... Brandon Davis was so greasy at a recent hair appointment that the stylists at Frederic Fekkai hair salon had to wear rubber gloves. The hyperhidrotic heir was, as Page Six reports, "sweating profusely," and was asking for carrot juice. Bears eat carrots?

yr not kiddin anyone

RE: JON BON JOVI
Does anyone care that the dude is a dim bulb, and very full of himself as well? Oh yeah,..... that explains Bush. AND if he runs in New Jersey, well let's just say the guy is going to look like effing Einstein next to most of the residents there.

Perky

Britney Spears should get a restraining order against all the people following her around. She had to go through that red light( there was like no traffic at all, we all saw the video) because you bitches won't leave her alone.

SP

With the money Brit has she should have a driver. If I was that rich I would have one.

Bon Jovi should stick to entertaining us and leave polotics alone. To me he shows how dumb he is to support Al Gore (He has made $100 million off this Global Warming Crap.), & (I served in Vietnam) John Kerry. I am sick of entertainers getting all this press when they support liberal democrats, but not when they support conservitives. And they are out there. A lot of them vote conservitive republican and just tell everybody they support and vote democrat. Anytime I hear an entertainer or TV show support these liberals I turn off the TV and turn off the radio when they come on. At least though BJ does not talk about polotics at his concerts. Yet anyway. Unlike the Dixie Lib CHicks, Streisand, and others. I even quit watching the Bionic Woman already because they talked about Hillary Clinton. Free Health Care for everyone, free drivers license for ILLEGALS, free money woo who, it's all FREE !!!!!! No one has to pay. BS BS BS BS

Lenn K.

I keep ask myself what were they report on like this five years ago? Also who will they be reporting on like this in five years, hell Britney might be dead or just finally wiseup and growup. The media is sooo totally lost their mind in reporting stories and on people that they live outside someones home. That's not really a story, that's trying to makeup a story!!!

cyndi

i know what i am about to say is is so obvious to everyone (of course the sane people, aka not brit),

get a limo (with nice tinted windows in the back for privacy), and of course A DRIVER!!!!!

anonymous

Lenn* I agree with you but she did not run through the light,oncoming cars seen what was going on and allowed her to go,not that it was right but the paps are out of control. Harvey for whatever reason is helping destroy her nd she is doing some on her on.k-fed is after the money and so is his lawyer,just m yopinion.

anonymous

Yes she should absolutely hire a driver.

SLUTTY SIENNA

WHY IS SHE ALLOWED TO HAUL THOSE LITTLE KIDS ALL OVER SO.CAL. AT NIGHT-- WHEN THEY SHOULD BE HOME IN BED -- WHEN THE JUDGE *HIMSELF* SAID SHE HAS A SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEM ...

... AND SHE HITS CARS, BLOWS RED LIGHTS, RUNS OVER PEOPLE'S FEET, AND HAD TO BE MADE TO GO GET A VALID LICENSE IN THE 1st PLACE?

HELLO?

SLUTTY SIENNA

Britney: Rehab. Now. Seriously.

Fly on The Wall

To all the people saying Hire a driver -Get real people, your nuts.

Thanks for the comments.

Have a great day.

OCD

Here's my two cents worth. Whether or not anyone thinks it's fair, I do believe that there should be a professional driver for Britney at any time that her sons are with her. To me, the dangers of her driving are partially her fault through inattention and the remainder rests directly at the feet of the irresponsible paps.

For these two reasons alone, the safety of those boys is in jeopardy and will be as long as she shows erratic and inattentive driving and as long as she continues to be pursued relentlessly by the slavering paps.

It doesn't look like it is going to change in the near future, so some sort of action should be undertaken to either eliminate or reduce the potential hazards to her children.

You don't want to know what I think about the paps flashing all of those bulbs in those boys' faces. I dislike the paps intensely for it. They make me ill. Those boys are too young to be traumatized by the crush of the paps. You can't tell me that being swarmed, jostled, having their names yelled out so they will look at the cameras and the chaos in general which surrounds their mother is not detrimental to them.

If Britney isn't intelligent or caring enough to do something about it, then the court and their father should.

SLUTTY SIENNA

"... the Court finds that there is a habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol by the Petitioner (Britney Spears)."

Team Jon

Yah distracted because she was talking on the dame phone while freaking driving.

anonymous

Harvey fix this,these videos are blocking the post and I could barely see what I typed.Is anyone else having this problem ?

anniem45

Well lets see, she hits cars, runs red lights, runs over peoples feet.........Geez your right but when you drive DO YOU HAVE 60 PEOPLE AROUND AND LEANING ON YOUR CAR? TRY IT FOR 1 DAY , THEN COME BACK AND TELL US HOW YOUR DAY OF DRIVING AROUND DOING ERRANDS WENT........and for those of you with a Brain, most people drive them selves around all the time, as we can see in all these videos, stars or not.....Its called wanting to be alone, with no assistants, or anyone, that must be nice for them when they get the chance. I could not imagine going out to dinner with Friends or my husband, and someone taking pictures and then writing, OH LOOK SHE HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM, when I am having a glass of wine, or any drink.......It is so over the top..........And for Mr. Kaplans views on Practicing Law, in my opinion he is really grasping at anything to keep his paycheck growing..............Britney spears was in the intersection with photographers on the front of her car, when the light changed she had to get out of the middle of the road, look at this intersection during the day, and maybe you will have a clue.....I am beginning to wonder if someone passes even 6 drug tests, has a monitor around , and no signs of abuse exsists, why is someone not able to have their children......I have seen worse, and I am sure adults who post on this site have as well, it seems to me the people who are always putting Britney Down, are very young and naive, and have not lived many of lifes little curves. They sound very dirty with their mouths, and have usually no clue......they actually sound like they have more issues to worry about than Britney Spears............

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments