« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Barry Bonds Indicted on Perjury, Obstruction Charges

11/15/2007 7:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A San Francisco grand jury has indicted home run champion Barry Bonds on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. It was only a matter of time ...

The indictment comes after a four-year federal investigation into whether the most suddenly Herculean player in pro baseball lied to the grand jury probing steroid use by professional athletes.

Just three months ago, Bonds surpassed legendary Hank Aaron's home run record, and was then promptly dismissed by the San Francisco Giants.

Bye bye Barry, bye bye.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JJ NYC

YES!!!!!!!! As a big baseball fan I am thrilled that this finally has happened. Everyone and their mother knew and knows that Barry Bonds is a cheat. I was angry beyond belief that he surpassed Hank Aaron in baseball home runs. Is it any wonder that the San Francisco Giants DID NOT offer him a contract??? Oh this news just made my day. Hell... it's made my year. Barry Bonds is an arrogant SOB and deserves what he gets. I say strip him of that title of King of the Home Runs. Wait... I have a better idea. Ban Barry Bonds from baseball for life. Period.

Gail

Bye, Bye, Barry... It is about time.
I always knew he was lying.
Lie to the FEDS, you are going away...finally.
Wipe out those "records' NOW,MLB.
Barry Bonds is a LOSER!!!

HL

I knew it. Not just because I'm a Dodger fan, but because I know cheaters and Barry Bonds is a big cheater just like the entire New England Patriots team. I don't know what's worse, cheaters or fake sports like the NBA / WWF. Barry Bonds you suck!

2 1/2 Volts

I hope the FEDS fry that egotistical roid poppin fat ass pumpkin headed SOB

yuelulu

and there was much rejoicing.....(yeaaaaaahhhhhh).

That smug bastard. Can't stand him.

rico13

Who's berry Bonds and what did he do?..

Buster

"most beloved player"? Who the heck are you talking about?

nataliec

I knew this Bastard was lying......he's a creep, always has been and now we find out he's a lying jerk to boot. I am from San Francisco and never trusted him at all! Send his ass to jail...take away his homeruns (cause they were done with steroids) and give that honor back to THE MAN AARON, who deserves it. Bye Bye Barry...dont drop the soap...maybe he'll room with OJ.

Just being Me!

Damn that Marion Jones... LOL ...I told that B**** to keep her mouth shut.

George Clooney is a Pu$$y

This should have been done last year!

Krystal

So, isn't Balco the same lab that gave Barry undetectable steroids that he "unknowingly took", the same lab that gave Lance Armstrong his
undetectable steroids? Is this a double standard? Is this disparity? American, what does this mean????!!!!

imho

Who didn't know he was lying??? He deserves to have his name taken out of the record books.

Nuts

cant stand him.has no class.hope he goes down.shame he broke record of such a true hero like hank arron. he broke it by cheating.hope baseball wipes record out.

jeff

is the part about loved a tongue in cheek comment, or do you guys know nothing about sports?

imho

Krystal, what are you suggesting? That it's only because Barry is black? Give me a friggin' break. Tell you what Krystal... Let me cut off one of Barry's balls so he's the same as Lance and we'll call it even.